Interesting Hockey pics and factoids.

"The intimidation factor was real, too. We went to Toronto one year and Pat Burns brought this guy up named Frank Bialowas from the minors. It’s all over the paper that the fight card had been set. So in the morning skate, I go over to their bench. I’ve got no shirt on, and I’m taping my stick on their bench and I’m drinking their water. Nobody said a word. I fought Frank that night, and he didn’t last long in the NHL."
– Tony Twist

401770540_819754920160035_1417823639865498098_n.jpg

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

On 10/23/2023 at 8:55 PM, Alflives said:

OV is awesome. He’s a great ambassador for hockey. 

Respectfully disagree. He is pooteen ambassador first and only then he is a great hockey player. Sorry, but I can't respect anybody who is a friend of that russian mass killer, who Ovi called "my president.

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

On 12/4/2023 at 7:10 PM, Sophomore Jinx said:

Worlds largest hockey stick (donated by Tyler Myers)

image.png.c2f4c6c5c529353a556e8c4a385cd79c.png

B.C. community prepares to stickhandle removal of world's largest hockey stick

DUNCAN, B.C. — Vancouver Island's Cowichan Valley Regional District wants to know who is willing to take a shot at owning the world's largest hockey stick.

It says the more than 62-metre wooden stick and puck that has been attached to the east side of the Cowichan Community Centre in Duncan for the past 35 years needs more than a new tape job.

The regional district says the glue structure holding the giant Douglas fir replica stick together has decayed and must be removed to protect public safety.

The district says a public survey about the future of the stick found few respondents calling for efforts to repair or replace the prominent landmark, which was originally constructed for Expo 86 in Vancouver.

The district says its goal now is to seek expressions of interest from community organizations or individuals looking to make use of a large hockey stick.

Tom Duncan, the acting chair of the Cowichan Core Recreation Commission, says in a statement that the stick has been a community icon for decades, but he's excited to see where it will play next.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Dec. 4, 2023.

The Canadian Press

I would, but unfortunately, my storage locker is a hair too small...

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

419270081_893578715757379_2592402998003859391_n.jpg.e25b9e92168a40afa1b50bea542db547.jpg

"So I was in the locker room one day and Risto was a rookie and I was taping my stick. He comes up behind me with his jock and he puts it right in my face and i was thrown off guard so I chase him down and I reach him in the stick room. I go full on WWE wrestler and throw a choke hold on him and everything's fun and games and I think I'm not trying to hurt him until I feel his whole body going limp and I choked him out unconscious in the stick room.

He was the first rounder where like the team put all the eggs in Risto's basket and I think he was a top five pick and I'm just like 'oh my gosh i just choked out the sabres first round pick'.

He's laying on the floor in the stick room like choking on his tongue and I'm starting to get nervous so i rolled him on his side so he wasn't choking on his tongue and he came to seven seconds later He woke up and he was like shocked, he was like 'whoa' because he was only an 18 year old 19 year old kid and here I am this goon choking him out in the stick room it was definitely a very scary situation but it was also a learning situation for Risto"

- John Scott