[GDT] Vancouver @ Nashville, Tuesday, October 24th, 6:15pt/9:15et, SNP, 650

Chickenspear

23 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I find it odd but actually not too odd either, but the teams that are benefitting from yesterday's games are Ottawa and NJ; 2 incredibly young teams that are marketed as very strong up and comers... not surprisingly, they've had incredibly easy schedules to start the season, highlighted by this frozen frenzy setup.

It's almost like the league wants these 2 teams to shine in prime time. Very transparent marketing in my opinion.

I don't get it. Why are they benefitting from the frozen frenzy ... ??? How is this highlighted by the frozen frenzy setup?

Why wouldn't they want two up and coming teams to shine?

This post screams of ... hmm jealousy maybe lol

25 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I like Myers being demoted.

Friedman being promoted though... not so much. 

This team is one decent 2nd pair defenceman away from having a very solid back end.

Hopefully a garland trade and a bear return push them both out of the lineup 

30 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

This team is one decent 2nd pair defenceman away from having a very solid back end.

Are they now? 

Jim Carrey Flirting GIF

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I don't get it. Why are they benefitting from the frozen frenzy ... ??? How is this highlighted by the frozen frenzy setup?

They're benefiting as the only 2 teams that are facing tired teams that played yesterday. At least the games tomorrow will have both teams on the back end of a back to back, no one to benefit from it, since both teams will be travelling to the game. 

My answer to your middle sentence; equity. Yes, jealous that Ottawa has had 5 straight home games, against mainly weak opposition to start their season, meanwhile we have our annual 10+ day road trip facing cup contenders, most of which are well rested to face us. The league pushes agendas every year. Do you think it's a coincidence for example that Vegas only plays a single 2023 playoff team in their first 8 games? I'd be less jealous if this wasn't the case every single year, but it is. 

Added: This will be Ottawa's 2nd game during their 5 game home stand to start the year, where they face a team on the back end of a back-to-back. Very jealous indeed. 

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It's the NHL's version of RedZone. ESPN will flip through all of the games live and show every PP and goal in every game today. It's an interesting idea to me as I love NFL RedZone.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JamesB said:

With Myers being low minute man in the last game after being benched for most of the 3rd period it is not a big shock to see him demoted. Tocchet has finally accepted the obvious. But Friedman is not a legitimate second pairing guy either.

While having D's play on their natural side is a small advantage, it is not an absolute requirement and I would like to see Tocchet get over his commitment to it. Like a lot of others, I would put Soucy and Cole together on the second pair.

I would then take a look sending Juulsen down and bringing up Wolanin to play with either Myers or Friedman.

And, like a lot of people, I am hoping that Bear gets healthy and is re-signed.

Agree here…wouldn’t mind proving out two lefties with Soucy Cole reunited for a few games. 

In the meantime, there’s a benefit to having Soucy on the third pair. He’s great at squashing plays in the d zone at the boards, and he consistently gets his shots through on net.

Still waiting for one of his big neutral zone hits though. 

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Gotta say though, that Rathbone trade is paying immediate dividends.

As long as he can tread water & not cost us games like Myers was, were alright for the time being.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1