[GDT] Vancouver @ Nashville, Tuesday, October 24th, 6:15pt/9:15et, SNP, 650

Chickenspear

16 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Ok cool, didn't notice that. I want Hoglander in the lineup.

I would prefer Studnicka over Beau for 4th line duties tho.

Me too. I’ve got lots of time for Högs, and want him to find a steady roster spot.

Beau looked decent last game, hoping he gets onto the scoresheet tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Yeah nice work on the GDT !! 

Will be a tough game tonight, Preds are all over the place, but playing away against a tough-checking side will be a test of will for this team that will be a good indicator of where this team has come, are they the team that played EDM and Florida or the East Coast chokers that played Phili - this is certainly gonna be a tight phili type game.

The preds do seem to struggle against fast breaking teams this season, so could play into our favour. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4W 2L sounds a lot better than 3W 3L. That would pretty firmly cement our 2nd place in the division! It's early days but we all know that if we're in the playoff hunt by American Thanksgiving, we have a very good shot at making it in, so this first bunch of games means a lot. Let's go boys!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cali Canuck said:

All 32 teams play today, the first game starts at 3:00 pm PT, second at 3:30 pt, after that it's every 15 minutes, 3:45 4:00, 4:15 etc.  It's thanks to ESPN, they are calling it NHL Frozen Frenzy .  Kind of a play on NCAA BB's mid-night madness or March Madness.

edit - sorry it's NHL Frozen Frenzy not Frozen Fury..

Meanwhile there was 1 lonely game on yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Meanwhile there was 1 lonely game on yesterday. 

I find it odd but actually not too odd either, but the teams that are benefitting from yesterday's games are Ottawa and NJ; 2 incredibly young teams that are marketed as very strong up and comers... not surprisingly, they've had incredibly easy schedules to start the season, highlighted by this frozen frenzy setup.

It's almost like the league wants these 2 teams to shine in prime time. Very transparent marketing in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Strawbone said:

I like Myers being demoted.

Friedman being promoted though... not so much. 

This team is one decent 2nd pair defenceman away from having a very solid back end.

Yep. Bear could be the short term play for this year, but a legit 2nd pair D should be the highest priority this off-season 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Thx didn't realize this was a day like that. Wow 16 games. So coverage should only be 94% leafs today.

Cool idea. Hope it works and would be pretty fun on a Saturday too I think. You could catch the last 7-8 minutes of 16 games straight. 🙉

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

8:15 pm local is an odd time. Is the NHL spacing out game times more this year?

Just today  ... "Frozen Frenzy"... all 32 teams are playing and the 16 games have staggerred starts so that TV can have 11 hours of uninterrupted hockey

(I guess I should have read on before posting - was already covered)

Edited by Googlie
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I like Myers being demoted.

Friedman being promoted though... not so much. 

This team is one decent 2nd pair defenceman away from having a very solid back end.

Soucy   Cole

Fried   Myers

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Just today  ... "Frozen Frenzy"... all 32 teams are playing and the 16 games have staggerred starts so that TV can have 11 hours of uninterrupted hockey

(I guess I should have read on before posting - was already covered)

It's too bad they didn't do this on a Saturday.  You could start as early as 11:00 am ET / 8:00 am PT (Eastern teams) and have the last start as late as 8:00 pm PT (Vegas, L.A.) which would mean nearly 15 hours of hockey.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1