[GDT] Vancouver @ Nashville, Tuesday, October 24th, 6:15pt/9:15et, SNP, 650

Chickenspear

4 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Don't worry, you're not missing out on much. He's disliked me since before this site existed, and honestly believes that starting the year at home 5 games in a row against 4 non-playoff teams, 2 of which are on the back end of a back-to-back, is the same as starting on a 5 game road trip, 4 games against teams that have went to the conference finals in the last 2 years. 

Preferential treatment via scheduling doesn't exist in his eyes, and that's why Vegas is currently 6-0-0 having played one good team so far, and having played all 3 lottery teams. Clearly to him this isn't so that they can market Vegas as the "greatest start for a cup winning team" like they've been doing the past week.. it's not marketing, it's completely fair and just a complete coincidence. Just like having Ottawa and NJ benefit tonight playing against tired opposition, isn't an easy marketing strategy to highlight 2 young teams with speed. It's just a coincidence to that troll

You were pretty patient in explaining your position, and the last few comments that poster made (and since deleted) were way out of line. 

• Like 1

Nashville isnt unbeatable this is absolutely a winnable game for the Canucks. 

The Philly game was a letdown, if we want to be a playoff team, then step one is playing better than teams like Nashville. 

Those Edmonton wins were an oddity, nobody is expecting us to be better than cup contenders out of the gate.

But against the teams that arent considered contenders, we have to find a way to win a majority of these games.

You get fewer and fewer opportunities to bounce back as the season goes on, so I hope we can make the most of the chances we get early to move up the standings.

I have hope in the Alvin roster, albeit a cautious hope.

Lets hope we see some Miller Time tonight and maybe a couple sweeties from Petey. A rockshow from the Brockstar and a brick wall starting in net.

Go Canucks Go!!!

Also, anyone know the timeline for Blueger's recovery? Been waiting to see what he can add to this team.

Edited by vcBrett
  • ThereItIs 1

40 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

2:15 am BST and I'm already half cut so I'll probably fall asleep after the 1st. I either need to stop supporting a west coast team or stop drinking my 10% homebrew.

I love waking up and backing up the pvr to where I remember something, then I get m'seff a coffee and settle back in for some more Nux!

4 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Don't worry, you're not missing out on much. He's disliked me since before this site existed, and honestly believes that starting the year at home 5 games in a row against 4 non-playoff teams, 2 of which are on the back end of a back-to-back, is the same as starting on a 5 game road trip, 4 games against teams that have went to the conference finals in the last 2 years. 

Preferential treatment via scheduling doesn't exist in his eyes, and that's why Vegas is currently 6-0-0 having played one good team so far, and having played all 3 lottery teams. Clearly to him this isn't so that they can market Vegas as the "greatest start for a cup winning team" like they've been doing the past week.. it's not marketing, it's completely fair and just a complete coincidence. Just like having Ottawa and NJ benefit tonight playing against tired opposition, isn't an easy marketing strategy to highlight 2 young teams with speed. It's just a coincidence to that troll

My apologies. My comments were out of line.

I'm getting tired of the endless conspiracy theories and people shitting on everything these days. Even in an attempt by the league to promote the game it still ends up being a negative to some.

It's very disheartening that people feel the league is fixed but I also brought my feelings from other conversations and treated you unfairly. I'm sorry.

I really don't see the scheduling issues you do nor do I think it's a shock the SC Champs are 6-0 but I suppose that's besides the point now. 

Have a good night and enjoy the game.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3