[PGT] Canucks @ Predators

Jim McMahon

13 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Brocktober rolls on…

IMG_0346.jpeg

That four goal night was a thing of beauty. Brought joy to the Canuck faithful; Awesome! Brockstar is back!

I know that's how it affected me. There's all the, unfortunate, drawn out emotion, of watching his Dad slowly deteriorate.

The horrible illegal, backwards check into the boards; Most people called it an accident, Ha! not me.

He looks faster so far this season. So good to see!  

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, The Duke said:

Garland is so underrated and if that 3rd line with Suter and Joshua can keep going like that it’s going to cause problems.

I understand opening up that 5 mil next year would be nice - but if we’re having to retain anything I’d hope they prioritize other means of carving out space.  

Beauvillier, for example, can simply walk and Myers’ 6 mil will be gone as well.

Beau will be history regardless... 100%

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Kuzy-Petey-Miky

DiGi-Miller-Boes

Joshua-Suter-Hogs

Laffy-Blue-Podz

In the not to distant future....

That is a heavy enough, gritty enough, fast enough, and skilled enough playoff team.  And young enough to compete for a few years... Not even mentioning our defence in a couple years.

This going to be the key to our success, that and having a Coach like Tocchet. We have in the past, lacked size and strength to add to our skilled players. 

We lost puck battles in the corners and did not do well with teams who were heavy and physical in the past. 

We now have the ability to compete with these heavier teams. 

A few more tinkering with this line up and we are going to be sitting pretty very shortly. 

Hronek-Hughes pair is so so good. Reminds me of toews-makar. 
If Makar toews can play together i don't see why we can't keep going with H2.
Just have to replace Myers with Bear or similar and we are solid. 
The only thing is if Hronek keeps this up he is going to demand such a high salary.

6 minutes ago, Mordekai said:

Hronek-Hughes pair is so so good. Reminds me of toews-makar. 
If Makar toews can play together i don't see why we can't keep going with H2.
Just have to replace Myers with Bear or similar and we are solid. 
The only thing is if Hronek keeps this up he is going to demand such a high salary.

I think he's worth it. Nothing outrageous like Hughes' next contract, but significant. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt

1 hour ago, 5forFighting said:

Oilers need coaching, a goalie and defense. It's been the same for a LONG time. 

They need a guy like Babcock to come in and tell McDiver that he needs to either start backchecking and playing like a man or he can serve food in the press box.  Not sure who else is available that is willing to do what's needed to hold that gutless flopper accountable and you can't fix this when your captain is a cancer in the room.  Next step is to bring in actual NHL quality D and goalies.

When was the last time you could say the Canucks had 2 superstar centres?  Kesler was a great 2nd line centre but he never got close to 99 points in his best years.  We've never had a Quinn Hughes on our defence and if both Boeser and Kuzmenko can get 30+ goals and if our goaltending can keep up this standard why can't the Canucks win a cup? I know a lot 9f things have to go right and I know our Defence and our bottom 6 are stIll a work in progress, but I've always thought we had the pieces.  We have players coming too, not right now but soon. Podkolzin and Bains are so close and Lekkerimäki, Willander, Brzustewicz and D-Petey are on their way.  I just hope when we enter our window Miller isn't on his decline.  He shows no signs of slowing down right now though.  He's been arguably our #1 centre thIs year.  Contracts like Myers, Garland and Beauvillier need to be sorted out but I feel a really dominant team is just beyond the horizon.

next year

will Willander replace Myers?

will Bains replace Garland?

will Podkolzin replace Beauvillier?  

Edited by Pure961089
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Beau will be history regardless... 100%

I've said this before but a player on an expiring deal will garner some interest (unless said player is pure trash).  Reason why I think some playoff team will take a flyer/chance on him (assuming they have the cap space) near the trade deadline.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I've said this before but a player on an expiring deal will garner some interest (unless said player is pure trash).  Reason why I think some playoff team will take a flyer/chance on him (assuming they have the cap space) near the trade deadline.

As long as we're not expecting a crazy return.

I'm assuming 3rd or 4th rounder at best. If the team can get a 2nd rounder for him that would be a steal.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

True...

But regardless he will be history next summer... either let go, traded or what ever.... He will not be a Canuck.

If they can trade him now for an expiring RHD would be great, but doubt it as his value is close to zero if not negative just now.

• Cheers 1