[PGT] Canucks @ Predators

Jim McMahon

2 hours ago, Canuckle said:

Now it just smells like a perfume fart

An old friend of mine once wrote a song called Poo & Potpourri after his gf begged him to light the scented candles she'd bought every time he used the loo lol

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, RookieFan said:

Oiler fans giving up on team and abandoning their players at the lowest possible time is something I hope we don't do in Vancouver.

When times are tough the team needs to rally around their fans not have people walk out on them like Oiler fans.

Screenshot_20231025_163649_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lots of fans here in Van as well as on CDC have jumped ship over the years. It's how they show that they were never really 'FANS' to begin with

41 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Great, thank you!

But time is odd, I still have to make living, unfortunately...

PVR for the win!

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Steamer4GM said:

An old friend of mine once wrote a song called Poo & Potpourri after his gf begged him to light the scented candles she'd bought every time he used the loo lol

There’s definitely a poem in there somewhere …. Something about a cold day and leaving a ‘Steamer4’ the next guy on the trail …

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Kragar said:

Still... hockey is huuuuge in Canada, it's the home team, and I suspect there's a buttload of TVs in the place.

Hard to believe there was that much interest in Dbacks/Phillies that they couldn't spare one TV.

Yer absolutely right about the bandwagon potential.  Fair-weather fans...pfffft.

Yup - this city loves winners - it is what it is… 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I try to pace myself a bit...that's a big ask. One game at a time applies to fans as well as the team, although it's great to have hope!

So much hinges on things like overall player health/injuries that it's really hard to predict an outcome. But I do think we'll get to the playoffs and, if healthy, could surprise some people.

There for sure is a lot of joy and beauty in the process.   Takes time for hearts to mend too.   The way the league is now, we've always got hope, even as a fringe team.    Allvin is proving to be a patient man which is something we need.    Tochett says it like it is.    Very refreshing.   And isn't going to chicken out on us when they stumble either.   Teams building still now.    Going to enjoy that.   Still young.    Best yet to come. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

59 minutes ago, IBatch said:

There for sure is a lot of joy and beauty in the process.   Takes time for hearts to mend too.   The way the league is now, we've always got hope, even as a fringe team.    Allvin is proving to be a patient man which is something we need.    Tochett says it like it is.    Very refreshing.   And isn't going to chicken out on us when they stumble either.   Teams building still now.    Going to enjoy that.   Still young.    Best yet to come. 

One more top 4 D and I'm really going to start looking ahead (if for no other reasons, it gives up some insurance in case of injuries as depth is an issue & we all know what happened to our *FIVE* top 4 D in 2011; four of them got hurt/were playing injured).

But enjoy what we have right now.  There's going to be some bumps on the road but the light at the end of the tunnel is visible.

9 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I’m starting to think this team is gonna win a cup - we have a really good management that’s dedicated to building the right kind of team… And you get the sense they know how to do it too

Some of us feel this way but some have complained about:

-Keeping Miller and trading away Bo.

-Hiring Rutherford and Alvin

-Having Tocchet as Coach

-Acquiring Hronek

-Trading Pearson

and many others I am probably forgetting, but you get the idea. 

I also like the fact that they have not just given away our players that are obviously not needed but instead have remained patient to making a deal when the time is right. The time will come, when a Myers, or a Beauvillier or a Garland is needed by another team. We will deal them when it is in our favor and not the other way around, which is how I felt we used to do business in the past. 

30 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Some of us feel this way but some have complained about:

-Keeping Miller and trading away Bo.

-Hiring Rutherford and Alvin

-Having Tocchet as Coach

-Acquiring Hronek

-Trading Pearson

and many others I am probably forgetting, but you get the idea. 

I also like the fact that they have not just given away our players that are obviously not needed but instead have remained patient to making a deal when the time is right. The time will come, when a Myers, or a Beauvillier or a Garland is needed by another team. We will deal them when it is in our favor and not the other way around, which is how I felt we used to do business in the past. 

I thought that way & am glad I was completely wrong.👍

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

😅  I wonder how many here weren't even born when this was first broadcast?

Probably the same ones that think athletes are way faster, stronger and better conditioned.    Mike Tyson and Jordan say hello and that's just during his intro lol. 

• Cheers 1