[PGT] Canucks @ Predators

Jim McMahon

12 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

One more top 4 D and I'm really going to start looking ahead (if for no other reasons, it gives up some insurance in case of injuries as depth is an issue & we all know what happened to our *FIVE* top 4 D in 2011; four of them got hurt/were playing injured).

But enjoy what we have right now.  There's going to be some bumps on the road but the light at the end of the tunnel is visible.

I am sure EVERY PLAYER playing in those finals on both teams was playing "hurt or injured". We were outscored 23 -8 and were shutout 2X in the 7 game series. I am pretty sure you need to score a little more then a goal a game to win a hockey game.

• Cheers 1

I love that Tocchet keeps in shape. There's something different about a coach that can still show drills himself. The twins can still put on a show for the boys if they forget how to pass.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Really id liking his team's compete level...

Love this coach. I get the vibes of AV and Quinn from him. So far, knows when to lean hard, and when to back off. The players are really responding to Tocchet so far.

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I love that Tocchet keeps in shape. There's something different about a coach that can still show drills himself. The twins can still put on a show for the boys if they forget how to pass.

100 percent. It shows a lot of discipline and bodes well as a good leader in a pro sport. To me, it shows you aren't a hypocrite and live by what your preaching. Really digging this coach and will eat my words on his odd timed hiring last season. They got this decision bang on.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Love this coach. I get the vibes of AV and Quinn from him. So far, knows when to lean hard, and when to back off. The players are really responding to Tocchet so far.

mentioned it in a different thread, but Petey made the comment that he liked that Tocc "doesn't have an ego" when talking to the players. I think thats a very telling statement. He so far seems to be about getting the best out of these guys and not about his big ego in the room, which we've seen around the league (and here) many times.

RT aslo has a heck of a resume so its not like any player on the club can think they've done more. Good to hear he doesn't try to use that to act like he's got some ego to stroke. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

mentioned it in a different thread, but Petey made the comment that he liked that Tocc "doesn't have an ego" when talking to the players. I think thats a very telling statement. He so far seems to be about getting the best out of these guys and not about his big ego in the room, which we've seen around the league (and here) many times.

RT aslo has a heck of a resume so its not like any player on the club can think they've done more. Good to hear he doesn't try to use that to act like he's got some ego to stroke. 

It really shows his confidence, which players can sense I'm sure. What your saying reminds me of the guy in beer leugue who is an ex junior or ex pro player. They could do more but love passing off the puck because they don't need to prove anything and have that confidence. You can't help but want to go to battle for a leader like that. 

• Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, Rekker said:

It really shows his confidence, which players can sense I'm sure. What your saying reminds me of the guy in beer leugue who is an ex junior or ex pro player. They could do more but love passing off the puck because they don't need to prove anything and have that confidence. You can't help but want to go to battle for a leader like that. 

my bro-in-law played a game with Ronning once. When my bil asked what Cliff wanted to do on a shift, he said "just keep your stick on the ice and I'll find you" 😂

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 2

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

my bro-in-law played a game with Ronning once. When my bil asked what Cliff wanted to do on a shift, he said "just keep your stick on the ice and I'll find you" 😂

Did he do it?  What was it like on the ice??

Lol I'm so curious to hear more!

• Ribs unpinned and unfeatured this topic
6 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I am sure EVERY PLAYER playing in those finals on both teams was playing "hurt or injured". We were outscored 23 -8 and were shutout 2X in the 7 game series. I am pretty sure you need to score a little more then a goal a game to win a hockey game.

Unless you wait until it gets super dark outside and call last goal wins.

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Unless you wait until it gets super dark outside and call last goal wins.

That always bugged me. Made more sense to say "Next goal wins". My hockey friends didn't care much for grammar though.

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

That always bugged me. Made more sense to say "Next goal wins". My hockey friends didn't care much for grammar though.

Ha ha that's true. It helps with your confidence and implies you were in the game when sometimes you weren't. 

I remember some games one side would be getting killed like 47-3 after 2 hours before it would occur to someone to take charge and even out the teams. 😅