[PGT] Canucks @ Predators

Jim McMahon

Good game, should’ve had like 8 goals. Need a goal scorer on that 3rd line, a lot of chances but no goals. Excited for the next game.

Unpopular opinion, but trade Garland and Beauvillier and sign Kessel to a 1 year contract. Will help that 3rd or even 4th line out.

Rafferty - Blueger - Kessel

Hoglander - Suter - Joshua

Joshua has been playing well recently.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

I think Petey needs to go back to last year's flex on his stick.  He hasn't been feeling the new flex.  How many times have you see Petey miss wide open empty netters?

Surprised how many are seriously focusing on this so much. He was a little rushed and hit the post on the first one then puck rolled off his stick when being pressured slightly more on the next.

Sure, the guy's usually money on those but shit happens even the best of 'em.

Edited by Steamer4GM
one > on
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Also shout out to Toppy, he played amazing tonight. Loved that sequence in the 1st period. Toppy loses his stick and the Eagles were pressing hard in their zone. Dries passes him his stick, Toppy makes a good save and uses Dries stick to scoop puck up and cover it...he was on his A game tonight, he actually made it look like he could play the entire game with a "regular" hockey stick and make any save he needed to with it lol.

Silovs should be feeling the pressure after this. But competition is good to have, it will only make Silovs better.

Yeah, Toppy was 1st Star of the game.

Definitely, Silovs will be fine, but the competition is great. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yup, say what u want about Garland but can't say he's given up on the team.

I'd he happy to keep him around if we could move Beau instead aswell

Beau needs to come out of the line up. He has done nothing. Every time he has the puck it deflates me...he just isn't feeling it this year. Too ineffective in a bottom 6 role. Would rather Studnika back in over him.

1 minute ago, Devron said:

People in general like to take about the negative. It’s a problem in today society imo 

True, it's what led me to leave social media. There is too much good in this life to just get caught up in online BS. 

This is my only online account...and I get my fill here on the bad days lol.

But lots of good discussion to read at the very least. I'm never bored when I come here 😄

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Attila Umbrus said:

True, it's what led me to leave social media. There is too much good in this life to just get caught up in online BS. 

This is my only online account...and I get my fill here on the bad days lol.

But lots of good discussion to read at the very least. I'm never bored when I come here 😄

I haven’t had FB in over 10 years. I have Instagram. It’s where I get my news on hockey and music. Don’t care for the rest. 

It’s fun to come here and talk about the Canucks. I like to call out the negative Nancie’s once awhile too haha 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Demko didn't seem to at any point, let the pressure take him off his game. 

Seemed more annoyed by the reporter's long-ass-winded questions than anything the preds threw at him tonight.

Side note: I wish these damn media peeps would try to speak into their own mics when asking questions. Half the time half they say sounds like they're half mumbling into half a bag of marshmallows (yes I'm old and my hearing sucks lol)

** To be fayahhhh... I realize the audio source we're getting on these videos isn't necessarily coming from the mic or device of the person speaking so it makes sense that coaches and players are 3x as loud as the reporters but still... I wish they were using better gear to collect more balanced audio for us

Edited by Steamer4GM
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, McIlhargey the Lesser said:

Fantastic first two periods (except face offs in the first).

Second game in a row Canucks let the other team get back in it in the third.

I would like to see us keep up the pressure in the third.

I think this team is actually even better than they’ve shown these last two games.

If by getting back in it, you mean allowed 1 goal in the third. A lot of NHL teams are going to be in trouble. That was a classic road win

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Good game, should’ve had like 8 goals. Need a goal scorer on that 3rd line, a lot of chances but no goals. Excited for the next game.

Unpopular opinion, but trade Garland and Beauvillier and sign Kessel to a 1 year contract. Will help that 3rd or even 4th line out.

Rafferty - Blueger - Kessel

Hoglander - Suter - Joshua

Joshua has been playing well recently.

Joshua had a good game; so did Hoglander; Beauvillier cannot finish and has a muffin shot; Garland is better but cannot finish either.

You can bet the young studs on the Abby Nux are salivating like hungry dogs who know the hunt is on.

image.png.3c26eddb39bd6db500224b687118ab2a.png

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1