PTSC: Game #7 STL @ VAN Oct 27 2023

Goalie29

11 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Alberta hockey is such a tire fire atm, and I'm so here for it.  Their misery breaths life into my lungs. 

I disagree and your attitude is of a low sportsmanship. The heart goes out to Alberta teams as they were Canada's hope to get deep into the playoffs, it sucks to see just how bad they started the season and put your self in their shoes it must feel absolutely awful.

IF the tables are reversed no Alberta fan would trash Vancouver they would be all about Canadian spirit, thats my hope at least.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

I disagree and your attitude is of a low sportsmanship. The heart goes out to Alberta teams as they were Canada's hope to get deep into the playoffs, it sucks to see just how bad they started the season and put your self in their shoes it must feel absolutely awful.

IF the tables are reversed no Alberta fan would trash Vancouver they would be all about Canadian spirit, thats my hope at least.

http://canuckshockeyblog.com/2014/08/top-10-reasons-why-albertans-hate-the-vancouver-canucks/

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/why-canadian-fans-love-to-hate-the-vancouver-canucks-part-2

I could add about 20-30 more links but you get the point.

Cheer for them from the rooftops if it’s a boon to your sense of national pride. I can totally appreciate that. But until we are eliminated from playoff contention, just remember they are trying to steal our dinner from us. Until our season is over, they remain the enemy…

image.gif.3d00d87801f3a0186a37f3e2f0d35fc6.gif

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • ThereItIs 1

29 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

No way some of my boys are Oilers Homer's... trust they rejoice in our anguish.... F*** Alberta teams 😆

I also disagree on them being our hope in the playoffs at times... maybe in Calgary I see that but little Johnny and Tkapuke wanted out and that ended that possibility. Just my 2 cents.. I agree with alot of your posts tho not trying to be rude just don't see how empathy for another franchise is a concern. VanCity all the way always. F*** the Laffs the Flamers, Coil and La French lol...

Now Winnipeg I feel bad for and Ottawa they're alright by me lol

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

What planet are you from?? Can I come visit????

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

2 minutes ago, Captain Hughes said:

What planet are you from?? Can I come visit????

I'm not sure how Rookie a fan you are but Capt. Huggie nailed it... Canadian hockey rivalries run deep not like as deep as soccer in Europe but close. We take this shit serious lol. 

Those 2 teams next province over aside from New Seattle have been our closest and most consistent rivals for yrs... lots of bad blood lol

40 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

Maybe you shouldn't tell people how to feel when it comes to being a hockey fan. Its not a museum, it's at my home. Lol. I didn't know there was proper eddect on how to boo rival teams.  I'll make sure I'm on my best behaviour just for you  

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

This can't be a serious take. The better the Alberta teams are, the less likely we're able to make it in the playoffs and it gives us a harder road to win the cup. I'd never cheer for the Oilers and Flames. You want McDavid out the conference, not in the conference with the Oilers stacking its team to make a run. It literally directly affects our team lmao

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, KingRaj91 said:

This can't be a serious take. The better the Alberta teams are, the less likely we're able to make it in the playoffs and it gives us a harder road to win the cup. I'd never cheer for the Oilers and Flames. You want McDavid out the conference, not in the conference with the Oilers stacking its team to make a run. It literally directly affects our team lmao

I honestly wouldn't mind to see Alberta finally getting an NHL franchise.  It's got to be hard for those inbred sheepshaggers to know that their teams are a complete disgrace to the sport.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, RWJC said:

4-3 STL (OTL) but I soooooo hope I’m wrong 

I think at this point in their transition the results aren't nearly as important as buying in to Tocchet's system and playing the way he wants.  The results will take care of itself.  I still think the Canucks will win.  

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I think at this point in their transition the results aren't nearly as important as buying in to Tocchet's system and playing the way he wants.  The results will take care of itself.  I still think the Canucks will win.  

Excellent point!

2 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Alberta hockey is such a tire fire atm, and I'm so here for it.  Their misery breaths life into my lungs. 

Huge game for us tomorrow night. These games early while EDM and CGY are losing badly are important. Separating ourselves even slightly will give us confidence.