Serious injury to Podkolzin

Screw

17 minutes ago, The Colt 45s said:

Individual states make their own laws, and from that may or may not have the US Supreme Court get involved.

Yup, and an individual state (Texas) has decided to hold it's pregnant women hostage. But hey! I guess I could shoot one scott free if she wandered onto my property... 

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, The Colt 45s said:

I am from BC, but became a Texan 20 years ago.  Best decision ever!! People that share my values, have the most dedicated work ethic, and have the best food on the planet. It is why I call Texas home.  Plus, stir up crap and threaten to harm me or my family or trespass on my property at night, I could legally shoot you and get away with it. 

This whole thing seems to have started with this post.

To me, using the words 'get away with it' implies that 'it' is something illegal, immoral, or at least something your mom doesn't want you to do.

I'm not going to argue your Texan right to stand your ground but can you at least consider that maybe it was a poor choice of words?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Bringing the discussion back to the topic. It absolutely sucks that just as Podz was starting to dominate the AHL, some plug decides to take him out. This has historically been a problem in the AHL. If ever a league needed a heavy-handed discipline its the AHL, this plug should be gone for 20 games. That's how you nip this in the bud. There are guys in that league who know that they have no shot of actually making it into the NHL and so they do pull s*** like this against guys they know are NHL bound. I don't know if it's jealousy or maybe survival tactics as the AHL has rules on the number of over-age players on a roster. Maybe Middleton thinks that there might be some neanderthal in the Colorado front office who sees this as "toughness" and signs him to another contract. 

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

Yup, and an individual state (Texas) has decided to hold it's pregnant women hostage. But hey! I guess I could shoot one scott free if she wandered onto my property... 

Land of the free unless your a pregnant woman.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Riddikulus said:

Bringing the discussion back to the topic. It absolutely sucks that just as Podz was starting to dominate the AHL, some plug decides to take him out. This has historically been a problem in the AHL. If ever a league needed a heavy-handed discipline its the AHL, this plug should be gone for 20 games. That's how you nip this in the bud. There are guys in that league who know that they have no shot of actually making it into the NHL and so they do pull s*** like this against guys they know are NHL bound. I don't know if it's jealousy or maybe survival tactics as the AHL has rules on the number of over-age players on a roster. Maybe Middleton thinks that there might be some neanderthal in the Colorado front office who sees this as "toughness" and signs him to another contract. 

It's really sad because that one thug moment can change someone's life and this was a scare that really could've ended up in tragedy. Especially when some of the players really outweigh others, they manhandle them on ice and it can have a really bad outcome.

• Like 1