Serious injury to Podkolzin

Screw

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That would be the best revenge for Podz. To get a regular gig in the NHL while that scumbag toils in the minors.

I couldn’t have said it better. Living well is the best revenge. Not only will he do that, but he will thrive too. He’s a good kid. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, TheBrockStar said:

I was at the game. It was just a freak accident. Terrifying situation, but Vasily seemed responsive when he was getting stretched off. Thoughts and prayers are with him.

The cameras disagree with that. Freak accident to me, means no intent. Slamming someone down to the ice with force, is not no intent and guess what; 

I was at my computer.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Man this has me really shaken up. Podkolzin is such a likeable guy who was trying so hard to make a go of it in pro hockey over here, only for some goon to potentially end his career. I really hope it's not that bad. I imagine his wife may have been watching the game... just horrifying.

Hockey players literally put their bodies on the line for our entertainment, and I'm not sure we appreciate them enough for that.

I feel the same way about professional wrestling. Sure, it’s scripted but it is still dangerous. I would even say it’s more dangerous. 

45 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

He virtually threw Podkolzin ( with extreme force ), like it was some arranged WWE fake take down. Whether he meant to throw him down head first,

well that's for the league to decide. One of the worst I've ever seen. Now we hope and Pray.

The ice doesn't give like on WWE.  

Look at the score and time left in the game.  They were playing dirty.  

30 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Couldn't add him to my ignore list fast enough. Hope Podz gets home to his wife and new baby sooner rather than later. Not even concerned about him as a hockey player right now.

Thing is, putting him/her on ignore doesn't solve the problem. They're still going to spew their garbage, looking for kicks and giggles.

Scum like that needs to go. And so do shitty players like Middleton. They don't belong in any league. 

And you're right, the main thing is that Podz is going to be okay. Let's hope for him, and his family's sake. 

Edited by Barn Burner
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Sounds like some good news. 

Also, I hope you like the attention you’re getting, Tusk. I hope you get just a slimmer of satisfaction from the disgusting shit you’re saying, because that’s despicable. 

Imagine making a post so disgusting that a player has a potentially life altering injury and more people are calling you out than the player who injured him with a dirty play.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Goodness, if that's as bad a concussion as it looks, that might be the end of his season. Really terrible both for him personally and his career. Really hoping it's just a few months and then he can get back to it. Hard not to be angry about it after what a strong start he had.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Prayers to podz. Thats just a ruthlessly uncalled for hit. Reminds me of matheson slamming petey towards the ice. I hope concussion symptoms dont last. Hes definetly gunna lose at least a week of memory. Concussions like that your not supposed to sleep. Can go into coma. Its good hes concious and responsive but lets guage how okay he is in a little bit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

This is possibly the stupidest comment I've seen on CFF so far. Grats.

I need to make a "Stupid. Roberts hates your post." version of my validation message, could come in quite handy for his!!

Edited by Roberts
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2