Serious injury to Podkolzin

Screw

Just now, Rob Eh said:

He basically called people from BC pussies because no one would punch him in the head for a thousand bucks.

No self respecting BC native would talk like that, especially a descendant of loggers, ranchers and fishermen.

Not defending him, he was a dick. But you said "no american hockey takes?". Just saying there's plenty of non-bcers here who aren't assholes.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Not defending him, he was a dick. But you said "no american hockey takes?". Just saying there's plenty of non-bcers here who aren't assholes.

I agree and i don't want to offend them. That guy said in Texas the'd pay 5 grand to punch him in the head and we'd pay 20 grand to not see any violence. Not the way i grew up. I've seen brawls since i was 5. I saw my dad knock a guys front teeth out and throw him off the balcony. He was just getting started, the other two guys got KO'd and tossed off the balcony too. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Rob Eh said:

I agree and i don't want to offend them. That guy said in Texas the'd pay 5 grand to punch him in the head and we'd pay 20 grand to not see any violence. Not the way i grew up. I've seen brawls since i was 5. I saw my dad knock a guys front teeth out and throw him off the balcony. He was just getting started, the other two guys got KO'd and tossed off the balcony too. 

He's a blowhard, lots of them in texas. Lots of tough canadians. Makes sense you were just fighting him dumbness. All good. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 7:11 PM, OldFaithfulcap said:

He's a blowhard, lots of them in texas. Lots of tough canadians. Makes sense you were just fighting him dumbness. All good. 

I am from BC, but became a Texan 20 years ago.  Best decision ever!! People that share my values, have the most dedicated work ethic, and have the best food on the planet. It is why I call Texas home.  Plus, stir up crap and threaten to harm me or my family or trespass on my property at night, I could legally shoot you and get away with it. 

Edited by The Colt 45s
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, The Colt 45s said:

I am from BC, but became a Texan 20 years ago.  Best decision ever!! People that share my values, have the most dedicated work ethic, and have the best food on the planet. It is why I call Texas home.  Plus, stir up crap and threaten to harm me or my family or trespass on my property at night, I could legally shoot you and get away with it. 

I know some great texans, I know some awful ones. The fact that your state government was better under George W Bush than the current lot says a whole lot. So glad you're happy to shoot people but not do a damn thing about uvalde. 

Texmex is certainly tasty though as is a good beef brisket.

10 hours ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I know some great texans, I know some awful ones. The fact that your state government was better under George W Bush than the current lot says a whole lot. So glad you're happy to shoot people but not do a damn thing about uvalde. 

Texmex is certainly tasty though as is a good beef brisket.

The state was better under Rick Perry, who later became President Trump's energy secretary for four years.   He was immensely popular and well respected across both aisles.

Edited by The Colt 45s

17 hours ago, The Colt 45s said:

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF by Hell's Kitchen

The juxtaposition from speaking about defending your family to "get away with it", when 'it' is possibly killing another human is exactly why this Canadian/American will never live in the States.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, The Colt 45s said:

Rick Perry, who later became President Trump's energy secretary for eight years

huh.gif

image.png.e4b45bd8a1765888118d410d340e3f27.png

Now let's pretend I didn't lift that off of Wikipedia.  

Since when did Trump be in office for 8 years at the time of this post?  

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF by Hell's Kitchen

The juxtaposition from speaking about defending your family to "get away with it", when 'it' is possibly killing another human is exactly why this Canadian/American will never live in the States.

Are you filing your American 1040 each year?

22 hours ago, The Colt 45s said:

This, for me, highlights all that's wrong with the US, not what's right with it.

That's an easy solution but....it's not really solving problems it's creating them. 

So what if a person with alzheimers stumbles onto your property at night? Maybe someone's grandma who's lost her way?

"Get away with it" is your first clue. Not sure you really should...I mean look what's in the headlines recently. People who use guns to "solve" their problems.

Please.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

This, for me, highlights all that's wrong with the US, not what's right with it.

That's an easy solution but....it's not really solving problems it's creating them. 

So what if a person with alzheimers stumbles onto your property at night? Maybe someone's grandma who's lost her way?

"Get away with it" is your first clue. Not sure you really should...I mean look what's in the headlines recently. People who use guns to "solve" their problems.

Please.

Things are very different between BC and Texas.  That is why I will never go back to Canada; the South is an amazing place to live.   As attributed to Davie Crockett, the Texan would say "Ya'll can go to hell, I am going to Texas!"

Edited by The Colt 45s

22 hours ago, The Colt 45s said:

I'd consider moving to Austin if I were younger. The rest is just Big Hot Saskatchewan.  

Other than the space centre, that place rocks. 

Edited by Bob Long

34 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Lol what does you being proud of your ability to get away with shooting someone have to do with my tax situation? 

If you are American and living in Canada, you still have to file an annual 1040 and pay American taxes regardless of how much money you earn and whether or not you file your Canadian taxes.  In other words, things between hear and there are very different.

2 minutes ago, The Colt 45s said:

Things are different between BC and Texas.

You are right, only in the US do they shoot kids who accidentally end up going to the wrong house or turning into the wrong driveway. I have had a few people who have rang my doorbell, I could have just shot them instead of asking where they were headed and providing directions.

Ralph Yarl, teen shot after mistakenly going to the wrong house, speaks out in 'GMA' exclusive - ABC News

Kaylin Gillis: A 20-year-old woman was shot and killed in upstate New York after her friend turned into the wrong driveway, officials say | CNN

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I'd consider moving to Austin if I were younger. The rest is just Big Hot Saskatchewan.  

Other than the space centre, that place rocks. 

Austin is a fun place to visit.  I live in the Houston area and think there is so much more to see.  Granted the Houston Metro Area is nearly five times the size as the lower Mainland.

17 minutes ago, The Colt 45s said:

If you are American and living in Canada, you still have to file an annual 1040 and pay American taxes regardless of how much money you earn and whether or not you file your Canadian taxes.  In other words, things between hear and there are very different.

I'm not an American living in Canada. I'm a Canadian who happened to have an American father.

Lol again, what does your knowledge of the very basics of taxes as a dual citizenship have to do with you saying you're proud of you ability to get away with shooting someone.

Edited by MeanSeanBean

4 minutes ago, Riddikulus said:

You are right, only in the US do they shoot kids who accidentally end up going to the wrong house or turning into the wrong driveway. I have had a few people who have rang my doorbell, I could have just shot them instead of asking where they were headed and providing directions.

Ralph Yarl, teen shot after mistakenly going to the wrong house, speaks out in 'GMA' exclusive - ABC News

Kaylin Gillis: A 20-year-old woman was shot and killed in upstate New York after her friend turned into the wrong driveway, officials say | CNN

Completely different rules and laws between the states.  For example, Louisiana law evolves from French penal law.

3 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I'm not an American living in Canada. I'm a Canadians who happened to have an American father.

Lol again, what your knowledge of the very basics of taxes as a dual citizenship have to do with you saying you're proud of you ability to get away with shooting someone.

Rules and customs are completely different.  If a person is stupid enough to put themselves into a position where they could get shot, it is not the shooter's responsibility if that stupid person gets shot.  And the law is written in such a way that the person who was shot would get charged.

That said, you need to pay attention to the American legal system.  According to the American Constitution, you are an American citizen.  According to Congress, you are supposed to file annual American tax forms--even if you are born in another country to an American parent and do not owe anything.  So if you want to opine on a culture whose values and customs are different, try to get to know the entire context of that culture.  Especially when that culture is yours.

11 minutes ago, The Colt 45s said:

Rules and customs are completely different.  If a person is stupid enough to put themselves into a position where they could get shot, it is not the shooter's responsibility if that stupid person gets shot.  And the law is written in such a way that the person who was shot would get charged.

That said, you need to pay attention to the American legal system.  According to the American Constitution, you are an American citizen.  According to Congress, you are supposed to file annual American tax forms--even if you are born in another country to an American parent and do not owe anything.  So if you want to opine on a culture whose values and customs are different, try to get to know the entire context of that culture.  Especially when that culture is yours.

As of 3 days ago 35,275 people were shot and killed in America this year alone. I'm gonna go out on a limb that those weren't 35,275 who deserved to be killed. Over 300 people are shot every day, must be a lot of "stupid" down there, eh? The fact that your proud of your ability to shoot someone who finds themselves on your property at night is the exact reason why I'm such a proud Canadian.

I still have no idea why your spouting off about taxes. I've been a dual citizen my entire life, I've worked in the states, I know the rules. This is such a weird thing to be preaching about after talking about how proud you are of your ability to shoot someone and "get away with it".

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1