The Calgary Flames are a mess

16 minutes ago, Canucks_fo_life said:

A very big mess, for years to come! The rebuild will fall flat on its face like Conroys career, Calgary is no good!

I'm thinking it's going to be like Benning. Some good pieces, and a lot head scratching.

• Cheers 2

16 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm thinking it's going to be like Benning. Some good pieces, and a lot head scratching.

This is where I am at right now. This seasons trade deadline will set my sights on what kind of tenure Craig has. Right now moves have had little clear direction. 

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2024 at 9:33 PM, Canucks_fo_life said:

A very big mess, for years to come! The rebuild will fall flat on its face like Conroys career, Calgary is no good!

Depends on who they draft. In the net two years they have 10 picks in the first 3 rounds.

On 7/9/2024 at 9:49 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

On top of those 10 early round picks they also have Samuel Honzik, Morin, Parekh, Gridin, Basha, Battaglia, and Mews, plus they should add more picks by moving players like Andersson, and Weeger. 

Could end up like Benning as Conroy will probably try to compete at the same time. What they really need is to bottom out next year for a top 5 pick. They'll be interesting to watch but hopefully they suck for like a decade or more. 😄

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

Depending on how bare they want to strip the team down for the rebuild, they could bottom out really quickly and then build back up with a solid future, or they may end up stuck in the messy middle.  

Wolf, Zary, Sharangovich and Andersson would be a solid group to be the base foundation if they do want to teardown (Huberdeau's not going anywhere, but Kadri/ Weegar/ Coleman/ Backlund/ UFA Kuzmenko and Mantha can still net a solid return each, and then they can replace them with more viable UFAs; in turn if they do keep these vets they'd remain stuck where they are but won't get the boost of a future prospect).  Either way it should be at least a couple years until they're on the upswing.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the flames no longer have Marky, Tanev I can go back to hating them. Pospisil seems like a piece that doesn't fit there. I expect they will try to inflate his value and get a Jeanotesque return for him.   

56 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Now that the flames no longer have Marky, Tanev I can go back to hating them. Pospisil seems like a piece that doesn't fit there. I expect they will try to inflate his value and get a Jeanotesque return for him.   

I feel like they are potentially going to finish the worst in the west.  There is a world where Anaheim, SJS and Chicago all have a better year than them. Hot take maybe. But they look awful to me.

56 minutes ago, DSVII said:

I for one, kind of enjoyed the temporary alliance we had with the Flames vs Edmonton. Bets are off though when they start becoming relevant again.

One of my best friends is a Flames fan who has also become a Canucks fan since moving out here. He has the absolute WORST luck with jerseys:

1) M Tkachuk heritage classic jersey - stolen out of his car then Tkachuk was traded a few months later

2) Huberdeau - to replace the Tkachuk jersey that same summer, enough said

3) Guess which Canucks skate jersey he got about a year and a half ago for when he joins our Larscheiders group - 92 Podkolzin 😅

Poor guy lol, he's trying to figure out what to get next.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chronic.Canuck said:

One of my best friends is a Flames fan who has also become a Canucks fan since moving out here. He has the absolute WORST luck with jerseys:

1) M Tkachuk heritage classic jersey - stolen out of his car then Tkachuk was traded a few months later

3) Guess which Canucks skate jersey he got about a year and a half ago for when he joins our Larscheiders group - 92 Podkolzin 😅

Tell him to get #5 Poolman.

• Haha 3

On 8/25/2024 at 3:12 PM, Chronic.Canuck said:

The old navy/red/silver orca jersey...with Messier #11 on the back.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2024 at 11:21 AM, R3aL said:

I feel like they are potentially going to finish the worst in the west.  There is a world where Anaheim, SJS and Chicago all have a better year than them. Hot take maybe. But they look awful to me.

It would be funnier if they were middling enough to only get the 15th or 16th overall pick in next year’s draft. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Canucks_fo_life said:

The lames blow a 2-0 lead at Youngstars and the Canucks win 4-3, to go a perfect 3-0-0 at the tournament, Calgary is again no good

🤭

Hell yeah!!!!!! With my ex being a flames fan, I take great pleasure in them being a complete shit show.

• ThereItIs 1

Flames can afford to keep 50% retention on Hueber-dough. If they can get another team to take 25% he would be a great contract for Canucks at around 2.5M.

Guy has skills but needs a team.

Watched him here in Saint John as a SeaDog (QMJHL) and he has alot more to his game than anyone sees. He will never get his game back in Calgary

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, EastCoastExpress said:

Flames can afford to keep 50% retention on Hueber-dough. If they can get another team to take 25% he would be a great contract for Canucks at around 2.5M.

Guy has skills but needs a team.

Watched him here in Saint John as a SeaDog (QMJHL) and he has alot more to his game than anyone sees. He will never get his game back in Calgary

At 2.5 Huberdough would be great to have. But the likelihood of that happening is zero. He’s got 7 years left on his contract. No teams are going to retain for that long.

Flames were totally F’ed up by Triliving. They are screwed, blued, and rather for the next decade.