[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs St Louis Blues, Rogers Place, Oct 27, 7PM PST ... Make 'em sing the Blues Game

Rocket-68

3 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Hoping we catch a St.Louis team that's a little tired and lethargic after playing last night and travelling.

I hope the Canucks aren't thinking that! So often in the past there'd be a tired road team coming in and I'd think "we got this one" and then the team plays a stinker of a game.

They need to play this game like they're fighting for a playoff spot at the end of the season. Stringing together some early season wins is going to make the whole rest of the season less of an uphill grind.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I hope the Canucks aren't thinking that! So often in the past there'd be a tired road team coming in and I'd think "we got this one" and then the team plays a stinker of a game.

They need to play this game like they're fighting for a playoff spot at the end of the season. Stringing together some early season wins is going to make the whole rest of the season less of an uphill grind.

I see both the Blues and the Rangers played their backup goalies last night. Resting them up for a date with the Canucks?

Both goaltenders are capable of stealing a game so we're gonna need to play hard and get lots of shots through.  

Edited by Blitz-Pix

3 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I see both the Blues and the Rangers played their backup goalies last night. Resting them up for a date with the Canucks?

Both goaltenders are capable of stealing a game so we're gonna need to play hard and get lots of shots through.  

Backups against the Alberta teams, saving their starters for the mighty Canucks! I like it! Canucks getting some respect :towel:

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

This game is just as defining as the Nashville game. Winning at the end of a trip, and winning at the start of a homestand. 

Sounds like yesterday's practice shows the guys are in the zone and ready. Hopefully that translates on the ice.

SET THE TONE!

Edited by JayDangles
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Quinn Hughes has the best plus/minus in the entire NHL.  Filip Hronek is not far behind…

IMG_0083.png

Come on, baby (don't fear the Hronek)
Hey, take my hand (don't fear the Hronek)
We'll be able to fly (don't fear the Hronek)
Hey, I'm your dman

LA LA LA LA 

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Faber is fine and a good writer, but I find it really hard to take anything written by the Canucks themselves as credible when it comes to assessing the state of the team. Given the reputation of both Aqua and the Canucks media team, it's unfortunately likely that Faber will be pressured to write things that fit their narrative. More than ever these days I'm grateful for third party media that can say their piece and speak freely.

My personal view is Faber will never let that happen.  Might even create a more open environment. Time will tell.

• Like 1

Should be a low-scoring game which means it'll be a 7-6 barn burner. The Blues have barely scored this season but have a decent GAA. Same goes for the Rangers so it's going to be a tough, tight weekend and probably really draining. We almost need to treat these two games as road games.

That being said, after that last win we must be really buzzing. If we can get on the PP early and shake their D and goalie, we could see a blow-out here which would be perfect - rest our top guys for NYR.

7-2 Canucks

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

St. Louis is one of those teams Vancouver always seems to struggle with. Even when the Blues were bad, we'd lose against them.

Come out strong guys. Keep the pressure on them. Make Binningnton fold like a cheap umbrella.

He should use this then, falls apart when defending against the rain

UMB-Edmonton-scaled.jpg?fit=2560,2560&ss

• Haha 1