[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs St Louis Blues, Rogers Place, Oct 27, 7PM PST ... Make 'em sing the Blues Game

Rocket-68

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

we need to come out firing for this game.. we had so many days of rest and blues is on a back to back.. no first game back long road trip excuse because tmw will be a rested rangers with shesterkin in net

No mercy. huh? I like it!.  Beat em all! Whether tired or rested, beat all em all, take them all down. Do your stuff.

3 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

What are you basing player development on? As far as I am aware we still haven't graduated much of anybody from the system to the NHL outside of first rounders, even Hoglander and Podkolzin haven't fully realized NHL regular status. Although Hogs looks to be there now. A Benning pick as well FYI. PDG if you want to count him too I guess. Lol. And we have nothing to base amateur scouting on either. Or really the vast majority of the points you made. A lot of it is too soon to tell. Although the players PA has brought in for the NHL squad so far are vast improvements on Benning. But that's cause most of them don't have much term. So even if they're duds we aren't in a hole like we were with Myers, Eriksson, and the OEL trade. Mikheyev looks like a gem and so does Kuzmenko. Can't hate Soucy, Cole, Suter, Blueger and Lafferty. All quality dudes.

I am not fond of a lot of Bennings moves in hindsight, but lets pump the brakes on wanking PA. Particularly when it comes to drafting and developing. Until we at least draft and develop people under this group. Most of his picks are still in their teens. So the idea we vastly improved before even seeing these dudes doesn't really make a lot of sense.

It's only been 2 years and Alvin has only started.  Imagine being in charge for 9 years and not even having a practice facility for your players.  And thinking having your farm team in Utca was a recipe for success.  

12 minutes ago, igorwasgreat said:

I really dislike the first home game after a road trip. Canuck team are notorious for dropping a dookie, although I haven’t the inclination to Google that stat so I could be dropping the dookie. Long story short, Canucks 5 Blues 2 , Hoglander with a pair.

Yeah I think the same.  Team has a history of coming out flat after a longish road trip.  Then with Rangers tomorrow.  They look very good so far.  Could be a 4-4 record by tomorrow night.  Hopefully they come out flying.  

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i don't mind joshua go out there and drop the mitt against someone the first 5mins

Yeah, the only risk is it can backfire. Also Joshua is not a good fighter. I mean he would kick my ass, but he isn't very good. I'd rather the team come out hard and finishing every check for the first 5 minutes..  a big hit always fires the team and fans up. 

If Myers played 12 min a game, and contributed 1 good hit every game, I'd love him. 

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Just like everyone loved him when he annihilated Duncan Keith. Unfortunately he doesn’t hit like that on a consistent basis, or more of us might look the other way at his defensive lapses (as long as his playing time was still limited).

He had played well for us for a number of seasons  (he's not like some other high priced acquisitions).  As with most longer term deals, they'll kind of suck at the end.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JayDangles said:

I'm praying we see a classic Binnington meltdown tonight. What a treat that would be. 

He's a great goalie; but.. he's a fucking screwhead!

Get him off his game; we've had luck with that.

Man, would I like to see Petey get a mitt-full o' goals tonight!

(And every game but you know what I mean. GCG)

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Ooof... not sure I can agree. Some sports are built on being rough. It's always been part of the game. Lacrosse or rugby for example. 

It's also not mindless entertainment. Watching the Housewives shows or reruns of Friends is mindless.

Hockey is passion, pride, power, competition. It extends beyond culture, race, age.

If you don't see a value in hitting and fighting in hockey there's probably nothing that will change your mind, but don't condescend those who do see the value. 

hockey isn't mindless entertainment. grown men punching each other in the head is.

"this is the way it's always been" doesn't hold water for me as a reason to continue doing something.

fighting will be gone from hockey in short order and I personally feel it's only for the better of the game. 

45 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Not to mention young players focus more on playing hockey. You don't see a lot of players picking fights because they know it's not really a factor unless you let it be.

Overall, this is true. But as an example, Deslauriers, on Philly who hit Petey pretty hard and was making most on the team feel uncomfortable, you do need a response, some type of deterrent. It clearly still happens. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

Overall, this is true. But as an example, Deslauriers, on Philly who hit Petey pretty hard and was making most on the team feel uncomfortable, you do need a response, some type of deterrent. It clearly still happens. 

Just explain to those players that you are uncomfortable with their physicality and that they need to respect your feelings. 

• Haha 4