[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs St Louis Blues, Rogers Place, Oct 27, 7PM PST ... Make 'em sing the Blues Game

Rocket-68

Just now, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Just explain to those players that you are uncomfortable with their physicality and that they need to respect your feelings. 

Sure, that'll work. And obviously, the league will take care of them too. 😆

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Yeah, the only risk is it can backfire. Also Joshua is not a good fighter. I mean he would kick my ass, but he isn't very good. I'd rather the team come out hard and finishing every check for the first 5 minutes..  a big hit always fires the team and fans up. 

If Myers played 12 min a game, and contributed 1 good hit every game, I'd love him. 

Now if Myers came out super angry, first shift, hitting everything he could get to, and dropping the gloves, and pummeling some poor schmuck, that might could set the tone.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I miss The Flying Beaver's Big Kahuna Burger.

I miss the drive in Whitespot at Granville and 70th where we would get late night triple O’s and fries and enjoy them In the car. Those green trays with the extending rails are emblazoned in my mind. Lights on, lights off. Lol.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 3

47 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Just limit Myers to less than 10 minutes for the entire game and the Nucks will win. 

Meyers on the ice for 10 mins is good for 2 goals for the Blues..

So we're going to need atleast 3 goals to win tonight.  

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

I miss the drive in Whitespot at Granville and 70th where we would get late night triple O’s and fries and enjoy them In the car. Those green trays with the extending rails are emblazoned in my mind. Lights on, lights off. Lol.

4 years as a Carhop at the Drive In in Richmond. But I changed jobs before that location shut down.

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Ooof... not sure I can agree. Some sports are built on being rough. It's always been part of the game. Lacrosse or rugby for example. 

It's also not mindless entertainment. Watching the Housewives shows or reruns of Friends is mindless.

Hockey is passion, pride, power, competition. It extends beyond culture, race, age.

If you don't see a value in hitting and fighting in hockey there's probably nothing that will change your mind, but don't condescend those who do see the value. 

The new age pussy mindset is infecting sports. We want more fights, more line brawls more bench clearing brouhahas. 

siesta key fight GIFPro Wrestling Fighting GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Meme GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Did it occur to you that maybe its an alien concept to you that a lot of Bennings signings post Sedin era was about experience? Not spending 11mil on a 4th line to have the best 4th line in the league, but to bring invaluable experience to the locker room? Seeing how the lack of experience surrounding the youth is no way to build up a team. Supporting our youth at the NHL level with cup winning experience, helps develop players at the NHL level. Much like when Gillis paid 5.6mil for a 37 year old Mats Sundin. It was about bringing in seasoned vets, guys who have been through all sorts of situations, for the youth to soak up as much knowledge and to also learn how they handle situations. Its short sighted to think Benning was trying to slap a cup contender together year in and year out. It wasnt all about just trying to win each year, it was about building mentally strong players who dont fold in the big moments, they rise to the occasion. 

This is bs because Benning spent all cap he had. 
Experiance is cheap.

If Benning had ten mill to invest when he saw how good Petey and Hughes were he might still be a GM here.

Now he didn’t have any space and went desperate.

25 minutes ago, tas said:

hockey isn't mindless entertainment. grown men punching each other in the head is.

"this is the way it's always been" doesn't hold water for me as a reason to continue doing something.

fighting will be gone from hockey in short order and I personally feel it's only for the better of the game. 

Meh, like I said I don't think ill change your mind. Your probably in the minority on this one though. 

• Cheers 3

41 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Just like everyone loved him when he annihilated Duncan Keith. Unfortunately he doesn’t hit like that on a consistent basis, or more of us might look the other way at his defensive lapses (as long as his playing time was still limited).

Lol that was amazing. Game 1 of the season. I was jacked and thought it was just the start! Pretty sure that's the last time Myers made a decent hit.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Now if Myers came out super angry, first shift, hitting everything he could get to, and dropping the gloves, and pummeling some poor schmuck, that might could set the tone.

The only thing Myers could get to for a hit is Demko

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

If the Canucks come out and lay the absolute wood to the Blues tonight that would be highly suggestive to me that this is going to be a much different Canucks team than we’ve been used to the last bunch of years. Previous Canucks teams would let a team like the Blues off the hook.

Crush ‘em.

Edited by Locke Lamora
  • Vintage 1