[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs St Louis Blues, Rogers Place, Oct 27, 7PM PST ... Make 'em sing the Blues Game

Rocket-68

5 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

If the Canucks come out and lay the absolute wood to the Blues tonight that would be highly suggestive to me that this is going to be a much different Canucks team than we’ve been used to the last bunch of years. Previous Canucks teams would let a team like the Blues off the hook.

Crush ‘em.

tfd103 that's what you think GIF by Tacoma FD

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barnstorm said:

I grow to like and truly appreciate many of the NHL players, almost like they are friends, and it’s disturbing to see them intentionally inflicting concussions upon one another. Can’t imagine how the parents feel seeing their adult children being pummelled in the face and head. 

Yeah it must have been rough on parents of kids who did nothing but fight other huge kids.

39 minutes ago, tas said:

hockey isn't mindless entertainment. grown men punching each other in the head is.

"this is the way it's always been" doesn't hold water for me as a reason to continue doing something.

fighting will be gone from hockey in short order and I personally feel it's only for the better of the game. 

Sometimes it's the honourable thing to do, like Millar when Stetcher was getting mauled. But fighting for most reasons (change momentum, revenge, intimidation, ref not doing his or her job) I could do without.

But i like the toughness of hockey and don't ever want to lose it. You don't want to have to fight in life but you should be prepared if you have to. 

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Fortunately there's none.

I think somewhere I still have my 5 year White Spot pin.

I don't have any of 15 year old me working at MacDonald's for which we can all be thankful.

50 cents an hour, first paycheque was $31.00.

Left to work at Overwaitea and made union scale, paid in cash, little brown envelope down to the penny.

Next year worked night shifts and weekends at the sawmill while finishing off high school.

Yeah, we boomers had it good; all the work you could handle; lol.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Exhausted! Helped organize an all day soccer tournament today and hockey is just what the doctor ordered. Hectic day, time to sit back with a cold...ginger ale and relax.

Let's go Canucks!

JT MILLER TIME!

Relaxed Julia Stiles GIF by Ovation TV

• Like 1