[PGT] Canucks vs Blues Oct 27 - Binnington dying inside edition

Jess

The only way I'd be ok with Pesce is a 2 year contract with an option for year 3.

We've been burned badly with UFA's in recent years.

And Pesce would probably never go for a short term contract.

I'd rather build from within. And stop this merry go round of bad trades, and over paying UFA's to play here.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

Clever fans can change the tone (?) of a game.*

These days you can only get in a great game-changing chant or song while the play is on.

The breaks did not used to have crap music blaring out so loud you can't get anything going.

You could really give it to the refs too, lol.

* We got on Chelios so hard ("Chelios Sucks!" every time he came into our corner), he was flying around taking penalties, fought Linden (!), and cost his team the game.

Ah, those were good old days.  Did it again near the end of his career, and he whips around staring up at us!  He was one of the best D in the league and we had him completely rattled.

Brilliant....

For anyone who thinks fans doesn't matter, think again...

I've seen players hardly being able to kick a ball, when being hounded by the fans... There's a reason why home games are a better than away games...

Management should use it as an advantage, instead of sucking up to the premium tickets, who does care too much about the games.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Yeah UFA is not the preferred way to go and we should try to have some patience in this 2nd year of the 2 year plan.

Create and horde some cap space, picks, and young guys on the cheap; let it play out; the team is playing great.

Some guy like Lekkerimäki, Brzustewicz, or Willander may be ready as early as for the 2025 playoffs (aka next year's playoffs).

That would remind me of the old Montreal Canadians (who had 3 farm teams better than us, and we didn't have even one farm team).

In the playoffs, they'd be bringing in guys you'd never heard of like Ken Dryden and many, many others, was Guy the Flower one?

How cool would it be to be dropping Lekkerimäki onto the power play in the playoffs, his first game in the NHL? 

• Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The way Friedman swept the Blues player’s stick in the Canucks zone yesterday was sublime. 

Yes, that was textbook defending, especially for a breakaway, and the zebras were looking for any reason to call something....but no way they could, coz as you said, that play was sublime.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Didnt get to finish until this morning, but glad I made it thru the 2nd last night so I could rest more easily.

Love to see Binky get lit up.  That 5-hole is easier to slide into than... ok I'll stop there.  I might get into trouble if I finish that thought.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Petey40 said:

Love to see it. Looks like we've got the best 5 man unit in the NHL right now with PDG-Miller-Boeser Hughes-Hronek. Even Myers had a great game today, he didn't make one mistake and had a few good defensive plays as well as that beautiful pass to PDG for the breakaway goal. This team is looking great so far this year, only had that one bad game against Philly. 

Also, I keep hearing about Petey playing hurt... does anyone have any actual sources for this? and what is the reported injury?

Also incredible as Miller's line is the "2nd" line.  Petey and Kuz just go Mik back and it's like he never left.