[PGT] Canucks vs Blues Oct 27 - Binnington dying inside edition

Jess

39 minutes ago, JamesB said:

1. Excellent summary by @Huggy Bear. Great game for Canuck fans (like me). Probably not much fun for "neutral observers" and certainly not for Blues fans.

2. There has been a fair amount of angst over the Canucks poor to mediocre underlying stats, despite the good start. Tonight's game moved the underlying stats a long way in the right direction.

3. I cannot recall seeing a period where one team was as dominant as the Canucks were in the first. They were only up 1 - 0  but the "all strengths" Corsi was 35 to 4 and the scoring chances were 19-1 (in Natural Stat Trick). Those are biggest one period differentials I can ever recall seeing. I was actually a bit worried that the Canucks might be getting frustrated with only a one-goal lead after such complete domination. Fortunately, the three quick goals early in the second put the game out of reach.

4. Hughes, Hronek, Miller, PDG, and Petey continue to be lights out. And Demmer was very good. Friedman continues to be a positive surprise and Cole/Friedman pair was good. Not sure how long they can keep up this quality of play, but the Friedman pickup looks great.

6. For people who like to worry (like me) it is still a bit of a concern that the bottom 6 is having a hard time getting on the scoresheet. Suter looks like he is squeezing the stick too hard. He had a couple of great opportunities and several decent opportunities where he could not make anything happen. He also looked too slow. The other bottom 6 guys also had chances. Hope the puck starts going in for them soon. Hogs was very good tonight. No way he can come out of the lineup.

7. As others have noted, Myers was quite good tonight -- the best he has been this season. Still not in the same league as Hughes and Hronek, but good. 

It helped to get St. Louis in the second game of back to backs, although the Canucks were so dominant that I don't that that was a big factor. Still, the team will be a bit tired tomorrow and the Rangers are a better team. That game will be a test. 

you are probably right about being worried,but i dont think you need to worry too much... 7 games is not quite 10% of the season... Suter should be on pace for 2.5 points but he has zero, i imagine having a linemate that has requested a trade and being on a new team isnt helping him... lets come back after game 14 and see if he has 3 points, if he has less its more likely a sign thats somethings wrong... maybe when blueger returns suter is shifted to the wing or demoted to the 4th line or has minutes decreased... our bottom six is going to need a lot of finessing to find the right chemisty because it has a hodge podge of under performing, under sized top six forwards...  i think it will all be figured out by game 14.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Well, I'll be out for 2, maybe 3 days. The dreaded moving thing. Sucks. Many boxes.

Miss the next game; Maybe 2. Only the third move in my life, it aint no fun! No big screen

TV....Good luck Canucks, destroy another team!

7774068ca5d843fedc8ceab38c6d12b7.gif

Good Luck with the move, don't get lazy or work tirelessly or things will break...

Screaming GIF

32 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Good news on the 2023 Canucks Draft front:

Willander: 3 points in 3 games (Boston University)

Brzusterwicz: 12 games, 24 Points, Leading the OHL (Kitchener Rangers)

Sawyer Mynio: 5 games, 3 Points (Sorry forgot to mention, Seattle Thunderbirds)

Ty Mueller: 3 games 3 Points ( University of Nebraska-Omaha)

Vilmer Alriksson: 11 games, 7 Points (Guelph Storm)

Matthew Perkins: 6 games 4 Points (University of Minnesota-Duluth)

Aiden Celebrini: 3 games 4 Points (Boston University)

Damn.

Omg so much positivity... are you for real... :classic_ninja::towel:

Jimmy Fallon Seriously GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

So used to seeing the team lay an egg on the first home game after a long road stand.

Canucks total domination, particularly in the first period, is something that I haven’t seen in a long time from the Canucks.

The coaching staff has everyone buying in. Everybody pulled on the rope today

Taking my son to the Rangers game tomorrow.

So excited to see what the Canucks can bring.  GCG

Hoping for a win for you guys!! Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

So used to seeing the team lay an egg on the first home game after a long road stand.

Canucks total domination, particularly in the first period, is something that I haven’t seen in a long time from the Canucks.

The coaching staff has everyone buying in. Everybody pulled on the rope today

Taking my son to the Rangers game tomorrow.

So excited to see what the Canucks can bring.  GCG

Hope you and your son have a blast. Are you both dressing up? Pepsi and a Banana?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Totally feels different. Agree big time. Even my non Canucks friends were saying that tonight. I'm trying to not get too ahead of ourselves ... feels so right and legit though!

My bandwagon friends coming out the woodwork and texting me again about Canucks 

joking they number 1 fans knowing I’ve been in the trenches always hahaha it’s good tho happy to have them back 

ya we are cautious to trust

But so far things are definitely

improved let’s hope it’s sustainable change for a year of competitive hockey through the ups and downs

excited!

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

But it's very Hughes like.  That whole Hughes Dynasty raised natural born winners.  

the hughes brothers have a chance of breaking wayne and brett gretzkys record... i think if they stay healthy they can likely get 200- 250 points a season for the better part of the next decade...

• Vintage 1

53 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Good news on the 2023 Canucks Draft front:

Willander: 3 points in 3 games (Boston University)

Brzusterwicz: 12 games, 24 Points, Leading the OHL (Kitchener Rangers)

Sawyer Mynio: 5 games, 3 Points (Sorry forgot to mention, Seattle Thunderbirds)

Ty Mueller: 3 games 3 Points ( University of Nebraska-Omaha)

Vilmer Alriksson: 11 games, 7 Points (Guelph Storm)

Matthew Perkins: 6 games 4 Points (University of Minnesota-Duluth)

Aiden Celebrini: 3 games 4 Points (Boston University)

Damn.

You are missing our 7th round pick from 2022 as well