[PGT] Canucks vs Blues Oct 27 - Binnington dying inside edition

Jess

2 hours ago, BIGGESTCANUCKSFANEVER said:

That and Shorty paired with Ray Ferraro instead of this Tomlinson character.

FFS, can't stand his colour commentary. Boring as frack, nothing the least bit insightful or entertaining, often irrelevant to what's actually happening / just happened on the ice if not completely wrong altogether.

I miss Cheech and Tommy for that matter and am really looking forward to Ray joining John full time

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

I get it. I'm not saying people shouldn't enjoy the start. I'm happy we're 5-2 as well. But to start thinking about cup parades and what not. i think that's silly. but hey, just me. 

I doubt anyone talking about parades is actually booking time off work or anything lol

You can be a realist AND still get excited about possibilities that may not actually happen. Give it a shot! Could spill over into unexpected benefits in other parts of life too

But maybe just a silly notion. Who knows?

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

50 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Hey Oilers!  You could have picked up DeSmith for a 5th rounder.  But your GM has no eye for goaltending talent.  🤣

Dude, they only picked ONE goaltender before the 3rd round in over 9 YEARS.

ONE.

Forget having an eye for goaltending. That's straight up deaf, dumb and blind!  Look at this shit

20231028_002659.thumb.jpg.a35fd193e81d00190c40576b11c3f09d.jpg

20231028_002734.thumb.jpg.3f358df690ac185fecef831262223101.jpg

Edited by Canuckle
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

36 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

Tocchet is one intense dude. Rocking from side to side during the interview. Looks like he’s ready to charge out onto the ice, as soon as the national anthem is done. Not the kind of guy you want to disappoint.

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Cheers 2

oh wow, what a game! In control all the way through, PK was really good, PP had some good looks but wasn't that sharp tonight, but that didn't really matter because the guys were so on point with their 5on5. Obviously the Blues played the day before, but they proved that they can play a really good road game by shutting out the Flames. They didn't really have a chance in this one though, the guys took control early on, Blues were lucky they only allowed one goal in the 1st. We were really responsible defensively, lots of smart, subtle plays all over the ice, and even when they allowed a high-danger chance, Demko was there. Congrats to him, so happy he got his first shutout of the season so early on.

What I love about this team right now is that even when I think Pettersson and his line is invisible, he/they still put(s) up points. His saucer pass on the Miller SHG goal was a beauty, but besides that his line wasn't that noticeable in the offensive zone imo. I found the PDG-Miller-Boeser line more energetic, loved Miller standing up for Höglander towards the end. But lots of puck possession from almost every line on 5on5, so everyone was fantastic.

Very good home game against the (perhaps tired) Blues team so a win was expected, but they got it. And that's what's so refreshing about this team this year for me; they are winning the games they are supposed to (only exception is Philly). Obviously a huge game against the Rangers tomorrow, that's going to be a good test for the team, that will tell us where this team stands right now. They lost to Tampa, but if they can beat the Rangers at home, I might get really optimistic about their playoff chances.

Let's go Canucks!

Edited by Rubik
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rubik said:

oh wow, what a game! In control all the way through, PK was really good, PP had some good looks but wasn't that sharp tonight, but that didn't really matter because the guys were so on point with their 5on5. Obviously the Blues played the day before, but they proved that they can play a really good road game by shutting out the Flames. They didn't really have a chance in this one though, the guys took control early on, Blues were lucky they only allowed one goal in the 1st. We were really responsible defensively, lots of smart, subtle plays all over the ice, and even when they allowed a high-danger chance, Demko was there. Congrats to him, so happy he got his first shutout of the season so early on. What I love about this team right now is that even when I think Pettersson and his line is invisible, he/they still put(s) up points. His saucer pass on the Miller SHG goal was a beauty, but besides that his line wasn't that noticeable in the offensive zone imo. I found the PDG-Miller-Boeser line more energetic, loved Miller standing up for Höglander towards the end. But lots of puck possession from almost every line on 5on5, so everyone was fantastic.

Very good home against a perhaps tired Blues team so a win was expected, but they got it. And that's what's so refreshing about this team this year for me; they are winning the games they are supposed to (only exception is Philly). Obviously huge test against the Rangers tomorrow, that's going to be a good test for the team, that will tell us where this team stands right now. They lost to Tampa, but if they can beat the Rangers at home, I might get really optimistic about their playoff chances.

Let's go Canucks!

You've got to give Philly credit. They came out flying (pun intended) and played a hard game. 

We screwed up and didn't respond. And the Flyers are playing well, overall. 

It was probably a combination of over-confidence and Philly being pumped for their home opener. 

Lesson learned, hopefully.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Next game vs Rags will be our first game against a team that's actually played well this year. I believe all other teams we've beaten are currently below .500 (though some are surprises for sure). Rangers have the same record as us currently (5-2-0). If we're actually a very high end team, we'll be able to keep up with some of the best teams like these. I remember 2011 when I knew we had a chance against every team in the league--heck, we were favourites every night.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, RakuRaku said:

Are the Canucks that much better this season or the Blues were just awful??

Deja Vu from the first game of the season.  Only put in the Blues > Oilers.

Similar type of game. Came out hard and never gave the opposition any opening to respond. Shock n Awe. Or is that Tocc n Awe.

• Cheers 1

Nice win, even if we lose against NYR we will break even on a back-to-back... However, if we can win against the Rangers, that will make us look pretty darn good. 

Nice game by everyone tonight, Meyers had a good game, every line played solid and Demko was very good when he needed to be (rarely) and gets his first shutout.

Is the 10 year retool finally coming together?

8 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

To VAN

chris Tanev

to CGY 

Klimovich

karlsson 

mcdonaugh 

Garland 

Oooof I hope you're joking, that's a dog shit trade for us. 

You're gutting our AHL depth for an over the hill, injury prone 34 year old D-man, and I like Tanev, but that is as short-sighted as they come.

Abby has a real chance at doing some damage in this years playoffs, and they're going to need guys like Mcdonaugh, Karlsson and Klim. 

• Like 1

Just now, Aldergrove Canuck said:

Oooof I hope you're joking, that's a dog shit trade for us. 

You're gutting our AHL depth for an over the hill, injury prone 34 year old D-man, and I like Tanev, but that is as short-sighted as they come.

Abby has a real chance at doing some damage in this years playoffs, and they're going to need guys like Mcdonaugh, Karlsson and Klim. 

Fair,

but we are sending them garland ?

what’s a realistic trade in your perspective 

I've been busy the past few games, so I haven't caught much. 

I'm glad everyone is feeling cheerful, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Definitely enjoy it while it lasts, but we're only 5-2, slight slump and we're right back to .500. I myself am cautiously optimistic of our success, and am glad to see that Calgary and Edmonton is struggling mightily, it is definitely a boon for us for them to slump while we excel. 

I'm waiting for the 20 game mark to sort of let my guard down a bit, because we all know how quickly things can change. I'm hoping by that point that we're still firmly in a playoff position and that we're still playing this well by then. 

After this years pre-season it looked like we were doomed for another horrid start, so this is refreshing to see.

Fair,

but we are sending them garland ?

what’s a realistic trade in your perspective 

Realistic trade is no trade. 

We don't need injury prone 34 year old slow defensemen.  

Love the guy, he's a warrior, but not what we need right now. 

Sometimes making a trade for the sake of making a trade, isn't a wise decision.

Edited by Aldergrove Canuck
forgot to add quote