[PGT] Canucks vs Blues Oct 27 - Binnington dying inside edition

Jess

28 minutes ago, Devron said:

When was the last time we were 5-2. I’ll wait.

Let the people enjoy and have some fun 

I get it. I'm not saying people shouldn't enjoy the start. I'm happy we're 5-2 as well. But to start thinking about cup parades and what not. i think that's silly. but hey, just me. 

22 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

coaches deserve a lot of credit here. That defense still needs an elite RHD, who can break up plays and transition the puck with ease. Myers has to be the odd man out

Not likely that we'll get an elite RHD. Hronek is good, I don't consider him elite

If we want an elite RHD, it's probably coming through the draft. 

I know there was a lot of complaining about the awkward way they let Bruce go. And he deserved better, but I get it that management wanted a new coach.  And they wanted the new coach to check out the team prior to the end of the year to figure out where the issues was. I would have preferred to let Bruce coach out the string and get a better draft pick. But early in the season, I think Toc getting time with the players at the end of last year. Is paying dividends right now.

So real conspiracy question. Was the struggles in pre-season just due to young, not ready players? Or a ruse to throw off the opposition to get them to underestimate the Canucks?

Either way. 5-2 looks good on Vancouver.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Good news, I don't believe in superstitions.  Go ahead and wear it.  Show your support. 😄

Ok, tomorrow second half of a back to back vs the highly touted rangers I’m chucking that Boeser jersey back on to beat this once and for all

1 minute ago, Papa Sawce said:

Ok, tomorrow second half of a back to back vs the highly touted rangers I’m chucking that Boeser jersey back on to beat this once and for all

Yeah, back to back. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost tomorrow, but if we can get a point from tomorrow's game against the Rangers, that would be huge

22 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

We have a great management team - they saw the holes that need to be filled in this team and they went out and did it… Congratulations - thank you very much for this new management team - they’re doing a great job

And thank you Benning for getting us a few good players

Damn rights! Bennings core is still intact-- They did all the heavy lifting, afterall. Petey, Miller, Hughes, Boeser, Demko, Hog, Podz... Myers and Garland gone soon enough. (And Horvat was from the Gillis regime turned into Hronek) but this is still very much Bennings core. And if they succeed, it will still have his name all over it.  Just like Nonis and Burkie with that 2011 team we all love. 🙂

Edited by Canuckle
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Chicken. said:

Willander will develop quick i think 🤩

That's fine, I just don't want to rush him. If he's like Hughes, and he's ready. That's awesome.

I just don't want to ruin a great prospect. I said it before and I'll say it again. I think that's one of the best draft's this team has made in a long time.

2 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Love that the guys are starting to love playing here

Winning has that effect.

37 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Team success is everything but man Beau,Suter and Garland gotta find a way to chip in offensively. Gar and Suter both had great A's tonight and missed the net.

Suter and Joshua have done a really good job winning puck battles, especially the last few games. They need someone who can score goals on there line though. Why I’m interested in offering Kessel a contract just for the year once Garland is traded.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, BIGGESTCANUCKSFANEVER said:

the whole team is buying in, i think the whole team trusts the management and the management trusts the team... trading dickinson away for a second looks kinda genius when you got sutter and blueger to replace his cap hit... still got room to improve. here hope Myers can regain some confidence after tonights game, and go full GigaGiraffe mode