Fighting In NHL - POLL

Steamer4GM

Fighting In NHL - POLL  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand on fighting in the NHL?

• An absolute necessity! No fighting would mean hockey is dead to me. More fights plz!!!
    • Definitely has its place. Especially when guys take liberties with smaller / skilled players
    • Love a good tilt but the 'staged' fights are too much. Drop 'em when the action dictates
    • I know it ain't going anywhere but I'll hit the jump button on the PVR if it's available. Makes me cringe seeing guys get pummelled and possibly injured
    • No need for it at all! Should be done away with at all cost

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

Say that now.   But if EP or QHs gets taken out on a stretcher, or injured, doubt you will be in the majority. 

Haha, very true but I played for many years. Never did get mad at a good clean hit. It's part of the game in my opinion. You feel worried for your teammate for sure but I've never felt the need to fight someone because of a good clean hit. Most definitively light them up in return if you get a chance though.

• Cheers 1

On 10/28/2023 at 10:23 AM, The Social Hermit said:

The alternative to fighting doesn’t have to be revenge plays, again, part of the culture problem. The alternative can be a league that cares about the players and protects them. Perhaps automatic suspension for offending player, and coach as well.

Regarding women’s hockey, how kind of you to not be against them having their own league - more of hockeys outdated misogynistic culture. And you may not mean to, but you are disrespecting women’s hockey

The alternative to fighting is those plays whether you like it or not and its not just hockey culture its professional sports culture.  when emotions take over there is no deterrent if you take the fighting out of the game.

As for disrespecting womens culture you are way off here. The womens hockey game is slower than the mens. its just a fact sometimes the womens version of a sport is better. Tennis for example. The mens game has become about overpowering serves. The womens game is still about finesse and rallys. Its more entertaining. I hope enough people go to the womens games to make it sustainable.

I just dont know if it will. Being realistic doesnt make it disresepctful.