[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Rangers, Oct 28 7PM, Rogers Place - Give the Blueshirts the Blues Game

Rocket-68

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Could anyone have predicted Brock as a top 10 leader in NHL +-

We needed him to do exactly what he did this summer to get ready for the season. Looks like he's mourned the loss of Duke and shaken off old injuries and ready to be that guy when he first broke into the league. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, lazyass said:

Huge game for us tonight and in particular for our team on a national broadcast.

Hughes is pretty much ignored by the eastern biased media so it will be important for them to see how he (and the rest of our rockstars) are playing. 

Rangers draw a big audience and here's hoping we have a good game and high energy forecheck again.

The Canucks have backed themselves into a full season of important games, if we’re talking about fanbase confidence.

I think any back to back against a good team should be pencilled in for a loss, but hopefully they go out on their shields if that’s the case.  

The cynic in me says DeSmith is due to DeRail - but we’re at home, he’s been quality so far and we did a great job managing ice time last night.  There’s reason for optimism and as long as it’s competitive I’ll be happy to reload against the Preds on Halloween.

The positive of tonight is that our stars had a rested 2nd half of the game last night. 

I hope they get up for this. Nationally televised game. No respect from eastern media. Let's go out there and kick the crap out of these Yankees lol and put the word out that this year's team is ready to kick ass and take names

4 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Tocchet make some changes to the lineup even though the last game was so delicious.

For example, what to do with Suter, Beauvillier, Garland?  Bench them, or try again to build them up/showcase them.

Probably won't mess with a defense that shut the Blues down and helped Demko get his shutout.

I think De Smith will be in net; why on earth not?

Can Hoglander hold down a spot in the top 6?  3rd line at least, for sure.

Rangers are a big, tough team and I wouldn't mind seeing all our toughest available guys in the lineup.

Why would he benched them?  They played very well last night

5 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Should the Canucks have started DeSmith against STL, and Demko against the Rangers tonight?

I'm going to this one. I hope DeSmith is solid and the team plays great defensively in front of him. 

I like the decision. Tocc went for the better chance to at least get a split of the wins. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Should the Canucks have started DeSmith against STL, and Demko against the Rangers tonight?

I'm going to this one. I hope DeSmith is solid and the team plays great defensively in front of him. 

You're going to second guess Tocchet after seeing how he's got the team going?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I like the decision. Tocc went for the better chance to at least get a split of the wins. 

For sure.  Go with Demko against St Louis and Nashville, let DeSmith see if he can keep it rolling against the Rangers in a tough game. 

I like the idea of maximizing our chances in the games we need to win and leaving the tough ones like tonight up to a bit of heroics.  

Not saying I’m pessimistic about tonight - we’ve been great and hopefully keep rolling.  But we gotta win against the Blues and Predators of the league if we’re going to make the playoffs.

• Vintage 2

33 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Could anyone have predicted Brock as a top 10 leader in NHL +-

We needed him to do exactly what he did this summer to get ready for the season. Looks like he's mourned the loss of Duke and shaken off old injuries and ready to be that guy when he first broke into the league. 

honestly, maybe Drance? he's been defending Brock's ability on the boards, and we've seen the better effort this year out of him. I'm sure that plays a part in the stats. 

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

For sure.  Go with Demko against St Louis and Nashville, let DeSmith see if he can keep it rolling against the Rangers in a tough game. 

I like the idea of maximizing our chances in the games we need to win and leaving the tough ones like tonight up to a bit of heroics.  

Not saying I’m pessimistic about tonight - we’ve been great and hopefully keep rolling.  But we gotta win against the Blues and Predators of the league if we’re going to make the playoffs.

exactly. 

I don't expect wins in back to back nights out of any team in the NHL early in the year. I'm looking for effort and good habits tonight more than anything. 

If they lose I'm fine with it, as long as they aren't out there floating. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1