PGT - Canucks-3: NYRefs-4: Shit happens.

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Steamer4GM said:

Haven't read PGT from the start so it may have already been said but, as much as it stings right now, I believe this is one of those wins that galvanizes good teams from top to bottom.

They know how well they played and how tilted the officiating was even prior to that final joke non-call.

We were on fire leading into tonight's game. We're gonna come out of this loss even more focused and confident.

Fear not!

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

That is the biggest issue, they reward them with playoffs, half of them undeserved.  I would rather reward them with promotion and demotions between NHL and AHL.  Good ones will stay up and bad ones will stay down or fired.   I would be open to an independent body for referee internationally to any league and any of the ref can be assigned to college hockey or AHL or NHL or even European league, by the same person.  

Problem is NHL doesn't play nice with IIHF and that the nhl refs themselves have a union.

Union ain't gonna agree to relegations.

I’m happy  with the point.Boys played well enough to win.Not gonna piss and moan about the non call in ot they had chances to bury it and they didn’t.That’s the way she Fukin goes sometimes.The reffing has bee inconsistent for awhile in this league but I’m not sure how to fix it under this regime.

GO CANUCKS!!!!

Alright I'm more calm now.

It's great Tocc took the high road. Bad reffing is part of the game and we just need to fight through it. We still got a point in the second of a back to back. I'm just happy that the team gave themselves a chance to win tonight. 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Vancan said:

In the fighting game there is a saying. If you don't trust the judges, don't give them a chance to hand in a score card... Take that for what it's worth. 

Got it. Shoot the puck at them first thing every game.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, drdeath said:

DeSmith should have knocked the net off the moment he saw the Rangers gain possession without a whistle after that trip. Make the refs make a choice. And then they’d have to conference up because they’re planning to call a penalty on the play. 

Intentionally knocking the net off is a penalty shot. 

10 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Intentionally knocking the net off is a penalty shot. 

Only on a breakaway. The Rangers had not established a breakaway. Rule 63.2 iv indicates a minor penalty. And rule 25 /63.2  ii indicate a penalty shot if the foul occurred during a breakaway. 

IMG_6416.jpeg

IMG_6417.jpeg

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Refs were Michael Markovic and Jon McIsaac.

Absolute fucking bums. 

Those two propped the Rangers up all game.

The only thing that I would say negative about Canucks tonight was that they were bad in the face off circle tonight and they were hesitant to shoot when grade A opportunities were there.

Otherwise they were lights out.

Edited by PistolPete13

I came up from Seattle for the back to backs and I am very pleased to see us take 3 points away from the past two nights, especially considering the past four games I drove up for before this the past couple seasons we got 1 out of a potential 8 points lol. I had so much fun at both games and the ending tonight was frustrating but we look like a really good team and the fact that basically the only goals we gave up were 5 on 3 or referee blatant missed calls is really promising. We’re very good 5 on 5 and on the PP and we have an amazing goalie and a really good backup. Just gotta play smart and limit mistakes. Go Canucks Go! 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, drdeath said:

DeSmith should have knocked the net off the moment he saw the Rangers gain possession without a whistle after that trip. Make the refs make a choice. And then they’d have to conference up because they’re planning to call a penalty on the play. 

I agree, but that probably would have been an automatic goal. Seeing the way the officiating was going.