PGT - Canucks-3: NYRefs-4: Shit happens.

Sharpshooter

10 minutes ago, CanucksFan26 said:

I came up from Seattle for the back to backs and I am very pleased to see us take 3 points away from the past two nights, especially considering the past four games I drove up for before this the past couple seasons we got 1 out of a potential 8 points lol. I had so much fun at both games and the ending tonight was frustrating but we look like a really good team and the fact that basically the only goals we gave up were 5 on 3 or referee blatant missed calls is really promising. We’re very good 5 on 5 and on the PP and we have an amazing goalie and a really good backup. Just gotta play smart and limit mistakes. Go Canucks Go! 

Geez, next time let me know. I’ll buy a round. 

• Cheers 1

Stupid loss due to terrible reffing at the end of the game, but zooming out, this is still a good result. 2nd end of a back-to-back against a very good team and we took them to OT with our backup netminder.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

35 minutes ago, AussieCanuckinUK said:

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

Oh well ...what has happened to PP? and missing a breakaway chance in OT....so don't go blaming the refs on this one...but seriously the Giraffe scoring a SHG...Lol...definitely the highlight of the evening

A) The Rangers are an elite team with an elite goalie and B) Don't blame the refs? Are you insane? The only times the Rangers scored were on two 5 on 3's and a double minor that shouldn't have been called in the first place because follow throughs are not penalties. We beat them in every aspect of the game, but these guys had other obvious intentions and it's sickening. 

• Cheers 1

That was one of the best games I have watched in a long time.  It felt like a movie and reminded me of the 94 playoffs.  We would have won if. Or for some horrific officiating.  The 4 min minor was what it was, but after Myers(who had another strong game) scored the shorty, the refs were doing all they could to get the rags back into it.

OT was a thing of beauty, but sometimes the refs just decide to put the whistles away.  If they were ever concerned about gambling fraud I would be looking closely at any mysterious bank account deposits into tonight’s refs accounts that’s for sure.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, Rubik said:

meh, with the exception of some of the stupid penalties taken, I was pretty satisfied with how the team played. 3on3 straight up looked like a PP, it was definitely not a boring game, can't win them all, got a point, move on to the next one. If they get at least a point against Nashville, I will be over the moon. Finally a great October for this team.

Yup. In the moment want to see a win. But getting a loser point (in OT or Shootout) is what good teams do in games where one of: luck, reffing, travel, back to back legs, goes against them. If we can continue to play well enough to earn a point in a lot of those games then we should eclipse 100 for the season. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, NucksRuleYou said:

FUCK THE LEAGUE, FUCK THE REFS, AND FUCK NEW YORK!!!!!!

Love the Canucks ,Hate the League { mainly because of who's in control} Hate the officiating,and really Hate the rangers.

Really enjoyed the last nights game,but the way it ended sucked.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, JamesB said:

Caught the game late.

1. If on Friday morning you had offered me 3 points out of 4 from a tough back to back I would have jumped at it.

2. And, not only that, but the Canucks completely dominated a decent St. Louis team and then arguably outplayed a rested team viewed by many as a legitimate Cup contender. 

3. I think the Canucks were the better team at 5-on-5 by the eye test and certainly in the numbers. Obviously the Rangers' two PP goals with a 5-3 advantage and a questionable OT goal were the difference. 

4. Nothing more to be said about the OT goal. It looked like a missed call (tripping  Petey) that led to a 3-on-1 breakout and the winning goal. But I can see how it was missed. It was a fairly close call that would have needed slow-motion replay to be sure. As several people have said, it might make sense to review OT goals. It seems particularly unfortunate after the Rangers benefited from two 5-on-3 situations and the apparent missed call.

5. Lots of positives tonight. Great to see Myers continuing to play well. He was up to 18 minutes tonight and was not "sheltered".  Hronek was excellent--looking more and more like a great trade acquisition. And Petey's line was very good. Kuzy was unlucky not to score tonight.

6. DeSmith gave up 4 goals on 24 shots but it is hard to complain about any of the goals. It would have great if he could have come up with one more big save but I don't think we could reasonably expect much more. Shesterkin was excellent at the other end.

Bottom line: It was a close game, but the Canucks were a bit unlucky to come away with only one point.

With 10% of the season gone, things are looking pretty good so far.

Great post, as usual. Agreed all around - cheers

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Great game.

We were 1/6 on PP

NYR 3/6

Special teams was the difference but considering we played back to back against a very strong, fast team it was a good night 

Yeah but 2 of those 6 were 5 on 3 makes it a little easier to score. 

• ThereItIs 1