PGT - Canucks-3: NYRefs-4: Shit happens.

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

I already provided the example of a puck battle with a group in the corner where illegal acts knowingly happen and go uncalled. Trips and everything else. I think that explains the larger context being discussed here?

Hmm... I feel like you're looking for this cut and dry, black and white answer and you really aren't going to get it. So so many things are context dependant on a given play in a given situation, and while some prohibited act may be listed in the good book, it doesn't neccessarily mean it's going to get called, whether intentionally or unintentionally. And frankly nor should it.

So when there's a battle in the corner and someone's tripped, it's not a penalty?

Hmmm, I disagree.

Thanks for at least trying to answer. It was a simple question based on your words so I just wanted to clarify.

I mean not all trips are  infractions.

• ThereItIs 1

57 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

You can’t have a conversation with someone who’s proud of repeating the same statement, and avoids questions that poke holes in it. You’ve been more than patient Deb.

"Poke holes." Total horseshit.

You guys are looking for specific black and white answers and you're not going to get them because you CAN'T.  Just because something happens that breaks a rule in the rulebook doesn't mean it's going to be called or even ought to be called.

If they did that for everything it wouldn't be NHL hockey.

End of story.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Canuckle said:

You guys are looking for specific black and white answers and you're not going to get them because you CAN'T.  Just because something happens that breaks a rule in the rulebook doesn't mean it's going to be called or even ought to be called.

End of story.

thanks for the conversation. Cheers buddy.

5 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

End of story.

If you break a rule in a rule book it should be called.

Or you may as well throw the rule book out.

And, quite honestly, I'm ok when they do that. I'd prefer they don't make calls...the flow of the game is better. But if you're calling 5 on 3's and calling some too many men but not others, and then decide not to make a call in OT, it's inconsistent. Either do or don't. 

To allow refs to pick and choose really isn't the answer. 

End of story.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

So when there's a battle in the corner and someone's tripped, it's not a penalty?

Hmmm, I disagree.

Thanks for at least trying to answer. It was a simple question based on your words so I just wanted to clarify.

Disagree if you want. Those things happen in battles 10 times a game and don't get called. Cross checks, stick holding, roughing, etc.

If you called those kinds of things in those kinds of situation 100% of the time because it should be a penalty, would change the shape of the game entirely. It would cease to be NHL hockey.

2 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Disagree if you want. Those things happen in battles 10 times a game and don't get called. Cross checks, stick holding, roughing, etc.

If you called those kinds of things in those kinds of situation 100% of the time because it should be a penalty, would change the shape of the game entirely. It would cease to be NHL hockey.

You didn't include tripping in that.  That one's usually called.

11 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Why?  They're both thin and kinda Draisaitl-ish (pissy).

French* pee or American pee, hmm I wonder which one I won't have.

Why not, not have, both!?!  And paying such a premium?  Start the car, I'm outta here.

*I know its Belgian; but they speak French so, painted with the same brush. 

Well, I like Stella & don't care for MU 😂 MU is more light than Stella.

I often get Stanley Park when I'm at the rink but sometimes I like to change it up & now I can't, unless I get cans I suppose.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

If you break a rule in a rule book it should be called.

Or you may as well throw the rule book out.

End of story.

Life ain't that simple.  If it is we aren't watching NHL hockey anymore.   We're watching some washed down, sanitized version of the sport. Might as well be watching Novice kids hockey.

Just now, -dlc- said:

You didn't include tripping in that. 

Lol. Doesnt matter. Pick an infraction.  The answer is the same.

16 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Modern art

It’’s very well written.

Arguing about AI removing emotion from the game, makes sense, but was a tiny part of the conversation.

The part assuming that fans need to whine and bitch, rinse repeat, ignores solutions explored in the conversation today. Most of the swearing/emotion was last night. Today was pretty solutions focused. 

Plus they didn’t watch the game, so a little misinformed, however well written.

Edited by Huggy Bear
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Life ain't that simple.  If it is we aren't watching NHL hockey anymore.   We're watching some washed down, sanitized version of the sport. Might as well be watching Novice kids hockey.

Lol. Doesnt matter. Pick an infraction.  The answer is the same.

It does matter. I'm talking specifically about a tripping call that was missed and you're muddying the waters with a bunch of unrelated stuff.

I understand and support not everything being called...but tripping usually is. And that's my point.

The call that was missed in OT was a trip. Not a corner battle with cross checks and roughing. 

3 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

It’’s very well written.

Arguing about AI removing emotion from the game, makes sense, but was a tiny part of the conversation.

The part assuming that fans need to whine and bitch, rinse repeat, ignores solutions explored in the conversation today. Most of the swearing/emotion was last night. Today was pretty solutions focused. 

Plus they didn’t watch the game, so a little misinformed, however we’ll writen.

I love when "she's emotional" is the go to. It's kind of hilarious to me.

Maybe I'm just a lazy back checker.

*slams her stick over the net*

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Huggy Bear said:

It’’s very well written.

Plus they didn’t watch the game, so a little misinformed, however we’ll writen.

I was talking about it from pure literature perspective. I am a literature nut

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I love when "she's emotional" is the go to. It's kind of hilarious to me.

Maybe I'm just a lazy back checker.

*slams her stick over the net*

Maybe relax with a tall can of Miller?

Deb - as a mod, is it okay on CFF to reply to someone with the stereo to the face STFU gif?

asking for a friend…

• Cheers 1

Just now, Silent Man said:

I was talking about it from pure literature perspective. I am a literature nut

Kids today would say your are literally a nut; literally, I mean like really literally, literally literally, literally.

Nothing really to do with literature, unless you like language, sociolinguistics (I just googled that up, literally).

Just like they no longer say you're welcome; they say, "No worries".

But they're right, I literally ain't go no worries.