PGT - Canucks-3: NYRefs-4: Shit happens.

Sharpshooter

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I'm glad Petey doesn't (I mean, sometimes for a second or two). His competitive nature just won't allow him to stay down on the ice and writhe like a soccer star.

But yeah, if that's McDavid that's an automatic call.

Likewise, I'd rather the players respect themselves and each other than whine and dive like McDavid.

If players get a stick between their skates, or a hook or slash on their hands, players can give the refs a chance to see it with dignity (without embellishing it or whining).   

I think our players manage this pretty well, and hope it earns the trust of the refs, so they can make the right calls without fear of being duped. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I'm glad Petey doesn't (I mean, sometimes for a second or two). His competitive nature just won't allow him to stay down on the ice and writhe like a soccer star.

But yeah, if that's McDavid that's an automatic call.

in fact. we've seen times where petey has gone down easily, accidentally drawing a penalty in the process, and then told the officials it wasn't a penalty and not to call it. 

I remember a clip of makar doing the same. 

Edited by tas
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, tas said:

in fact. we've seen times where petey has gone down easily, accidentally drawing a penalty in the process, and then told the officials it wasn't a penalty and not to call it. 

I remember a clip of makar doing the same. 

Love the integrity.  That's leading by example and makes me more proud to cheer for the Canucks. 

okay folks, I'll admit it... I never would have believed you if, during training camp you'd told me that PGD would be an integral part of our top 6. But there he is killing it on our 1A line with JT and Boeser. the PBJ line. 

who else is pleasantly surprised about this?

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

okay folks, I'll admit it... I never would have believed you if, during training camp you'd told me that PGD would be an integral part of our top 6. But there he is killing it on our 1A line with JT and Boeser. the PBJ line. 

One thing that gives me hope that PDG can cement a longer term spot on that line is Alex Burrows. He went from a fringe NHLer to bona fide star by finding chemistry with the Sedins and working his butt off. You can never say that guy took a day off, and it’s the same with PDG. I am sure he hugely appreciates the opportunity he’s been given here, and he has just enough skill combined with an incredible work rate to justify his spot. Plus, Tocchet loves the guy!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Rick focusing the next game but maybe temper control, however also focusing on "If you are gonna slam him;

(Do it when the damn zerbras) aint lookin...

Nah; they just want back in the win column...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Rip The Mesh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, grumpyone said:

I am surprised its him, I thought Joshua was going to be the guy actually. The fact though that a player like him is not surprising. We were very one dimensional before as we lost physical battles, especially in the corners in the top 6. 

We are much more balanced and ready for the bigger physical teams. Mik should provide the same for the Petey line.

13 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

You can talk as much about how hockey is monster,hard and subjective.THAT is NOT problem.One sided refs are problem.You shit on everybody or nobody.Grey is because we making it gray with our excuses.Book is very simple.Rules also.In NBA,Raptors case in Chicago few days ago,NBA admitted that Raptors lost game thanks to refs error.At list you see that office cares.That will never happen in NHL

NBA =/= NHL. Vastly different games with different dynamics and not comparable. Secondly, yes it is grey not because eXcUsEs but because its HOCKEY. For if it weren't it wouldn't be hockey at all, especially not NHL hockey. Expecting black and white rules interpretations and subsequent execution is idealistic and not realistic.

Edited by Canuckle
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Nothing different between 2 sports .Only NBA have integrity,NHL is Bettman  playground.If refs respect book rule and NHL enforce it,you dont have problem.In nature very simple,whistle same on both side.If you dont enforce it it is rigged.Plain and simple

Refs miss things. They're human.  Sometimes it benefits the Canucks, sometimes it doesn't.  Move on. Even if it was called there's no guarantee there would have been a different outcome.  Christ. The way some people are acting you'd think it was the most egregious non call in history. Do you have the same opinion when a non call benefits the Canucks? It happens every game.