PGT - Canucks-3: NYRefs-4: Shit happens.

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Refs miss things. They're human.  Sometimes it benefits the Canucks, sometimes it doesn't.  Move on. Even if it was called there's no guarantee there would have been a different outcome.  Christ. The way some people are acting you'd think it was the most egregious non call in history. Do you have the same opinion when a non call benefits the Canucks? It happens every game. 

Man it is not missed call.It is all game blatant hunt.

2 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Refs miss things. They're human.  Sometimes it benefits the Canucks, sometimes it doesn't.  Move on. Even if it was called there's no guarantee there would have been a different outcome.  Christ. The way some people are acting you'd think it was the most egregious non call in history. Do you have the same opinion when a non call benefits the Canucks? It happens every game. 

I agree and the rule book thing, ?, not a good argument, the NBA has more travelling than a pilot.

GCG

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

I agree and the rule book thing, ?, not a good argument, the NBA has more travelling than a pilot.

GCG

People want refs to call the rulebook against the opposing team. But complain when there's a "soft call" against the home team.  Every fan base does it.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

We still on about that non call. There was a similar play with Petey's leg earlier in OT. Easily could have been a tripping call on us. Calls missed both ways. This is why you capitalize on your chances, IE two golden chances by Kuzy. Don't give the refs a chance to miss a call. It was a back to back and we got points in both. Major win. Onto the next one. With some beauty jerseys too.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

On 10/28/2023 at 9:48 PM, Iron Man said:

We got robbed, straight up. But we still battled and played incredibly well on a back to back. We are definitely legit.

Umm I'd say. "almost" legit, we still lack depth but it's coming along, i.e. Leki, Willander, and D-petey etc. They need seasoning first but their on their way learning the process and what's expected of them to make the big show. 

We're a lot better though, yeah we still need tweaks but that's nothing new, not having to sign $$$ free agents on the other hand would literally be new, we've never had that before, filling spots from within? Wow that would a welcome thing! 

50 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

We still on about that non call. There was a similar play with Petey's leg earlier in OT. Easily could have been a tripping call on us. Calls missed both ways. This is why you capitalize on your chances, IE two golden chances by Kuzy. Don't give the refs a chance to miss a call. It was a back to back and we got points in both. Major win. Onto the next one. With some beauty jerseys too.

Most moved on from the call yesterday. A few discussed changes that might improve the game.

It’s become a source of insatiable attention for a select few.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Petey's hit was a clean hip check. Did not trip. 

8 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

Wow is he a great leader. Defers credit to his team, gives them autonomy, and leverages their talents. Personal humility, transparent and respectful with the media. 

He may have had some leadership and PR coaching, but he would have to have been a great student as it’s hard to argue with the results.

I was sceptical of him at first for confusing some metaphors (eg. eating an elephant), but he’s actually a great communicator and leader.

Yeah, he comes off as an authentic kind of guy.  He checks his ego at the door and supports his team

of players any way he can; whether it's helping guys that are struggling, keeping things positive or

protecting them from some of the media types.  Seems to have a genuine approach, which doesn't

involve politics or personalities.  It's just about creating an environment where players can play their best.

I also like how he defers to the other coaches if a player requires a different approach.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/29/2023 at 8:17 AM, grumpyone said:

my biggest problem with the officiating is the fact that Bettman/league are in bed with the betting companys AND then they don't allow criticizing of the ones that control the game. 

The mafia( betting company ) makes a fortune if the 'right' team wins. 

cough Bettman kickbacks cough. 

Source?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/29/2023 at 1:27 AM, drdeath said:

Only on a breakaway. The Rangers had not established a breakaway. Rule 63.2 iv indicates a minor penalty. And rule 25 /63.2  ii indicate a penalty shot if the foul occurred during a breakaway. 

IMG_6416.jpeg

IMG_6417.jpeg

Good spot! Thanks for the clarification. 

Edited by MikeyD

On 10/29/2023 at 9:38 AM, -dlc- said:

Imagine having that mentality in any other job.

"Well, they're not the greatest but they're the best we've got". A good company would work with them to be better...they represent your brand.

Try working in social work or healthcare lol. 35% working hard to carry the other 65% driftwood 

• Cheers 1

On 10/29/2023 at 4:44 PM, Ballisticsports said:

That is why i was against your game management comment

When you said

"As much as we hate it, sometimes game management is necessary to keep the game under control and that phantom call on Hoglander potentially halted a stupid play from happening from a Blues player and the outcome of the game wasn't altered at all". 

We shouldn't be ok with it, just because we overcame it and were feeling good

I don't like game management used on Any team , (A penalty is a penalty, regardless of the period, score or team and how you keep the game and players honest) and I want the players to decide a game, as to why we watch the game

Game management has its place and I'll never argue for it in regards to dictating the outcome of the game, which is what my original statement was intended for. 

On 10/28/2023 at 10:07 PM, Barn Burner said:

You've got to give credit where it's due. He must've had a good talking to because of all the flack he was getting, deservedly, over the past year and a half or more. 

All he needs to do is play a simple game. Period. Any goals or points are a bonus. We don't like twisted surprises. 

And it's not like it was just the majority here, TSN, Sportsnet, Hansen, and more.

Agree. Might just be optics but the Rangers looked/played like the heavier team. It was nice to see Myers using his size in effective ways along the boards. If he was dependable I for one would welcome that physicality in a playoff series.

our powerplay right now is still working i think but it feels like we no longer have a bumper shot on the powerplay that was so effective for us from horvat scoring and generating rebound.. it feels like no one is willing to plant in that bumper slot to take a beating for the quick shot? and most of our powerplay shots have been coming from the perimeter. not complaining just an observation we were saying horvat only scores from the bumper on the PP and anyone could do it. i think we under appreciate his bumper position on the PP not that i would keep him at 8.5mil just for the PP. i would like to see  boeser or kuz be the bumper guy.. but not sure if they are willing to take the beating that comes with being the bumper guy

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

• Ribs unpinned and unfeatured this topic
5 hours ago, -dlc- said:

"Earn the day". I like that concept.

I also like that he's humble and can admit a mistake "I probably should've put the second unit out there more....guys were tired/got a little sloppy. That's my fault".

Nice to hear about the Sedins being so involved. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

our powerplay right now is still working i think but it feels like we no longer have a bumper shot on the powerplay that was so effective for us from horvat scoring and generating rebound.. it feels like no one is willing to plant in that bumper slot to take a beating for the quick shot? and most of our powerplay shots have been coming from the perimeter. not complaining just an observation we were saying horvat only scores from the bumper on the PP and anyone could do it. i think we under appreciate his bumper position on the PP not that i would keep him at 8.5mil just for the PP. i would like to see  boeser or kuz be the bumper guy.. but not sure if they are willing to take the beating that comes with being the bumper guy

I think it takes a particular skill set. None of our guys seem to prefer that play and try other options first.

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

Agree this was apparent last game. Bo was unreal at that position (especially last season), and it’s the most glaring hole he left in our team. 

Brock may be hesitant to take a beating after his back injury, but he seemed to get in position for the pass a couple times vs. the Rags. Not sure if the pass was bad, or he whiffed…or maybe their adjusting to a right-handed shot on the bumper? 

Kuzmenko practiced the bumper in preseason, so I think he’ll slide into that spot, as part of the movement they’re  applying to be less predictable.

They’re definitely overdue, and we should expect an outburst of 2-3 PPG in one of the upcoming games. They get great looks, and the pure talent on that first unit is filthy even without Bo.  Just having the threat of Huggy’s shot, and that new deke he uses to shake the defender, and create room to shoot straight on from the slot?  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Huggy Bear said:

Agree this was apparent last game. Bo was unreal at that position (especially last season), and it’s the most glaring hole he left in our team. 

Brock may be hesitant to take a beating after his back injury, but he seemed to get in position for the pass a couple times vs. the Rags. Not sure if the pass was bad, or he whiffed…or maybe their adjusting to a right-handed shot on the bumper? 

Kuzmenko practiced the bumper in preseason, so I think he’ll slide into that spot, as part of the movement they’re  applying to be less predictable.

They’re definitely overdue, and we should expect an outburst of 2-3 PPG in one of the upcoming games. They get great looks, and the pure talent on that first unit is filthy even without Bo.  Just having the threat of Huggy’s shot, and that new deke he uses to shake the defender, and create room to shoot straight on from the slot?  

ya i hope one of them eventually takes the bumper position because with how skill and smart players are nowadays they'll eventually adjust and just clog up all the shooting lanes on either side and force hughes to be the shooter from the point. hughes has gotten much better with his shot but he doesnt have that cannon shot that would scare defenders. the more options we have the more unpredictable and harder to defend against our pp. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

ya i hope one of them eventually takes the bumper position because with how skill and smart players are nowadays they'll eventually adjust and just clog up all the shooting lanes on either side and force hughes to be the shooter from the point. hughes has gotten much better with his shot but he doesnt have that cannon shot that would scare defenders. the more options we have the more unpredictable and harder to defend against our pp. 

Yep. Huggy’s shot upgraded, but probably needs a screen to make it through.

Hughes and Miller run the QB and are a threat to score. Petey seems optimal placed to unleash his wrister or slap shot on the right. 

It’s really Kuz and Boeser that need to get going.  Like you said one of them needs to take over at bumper, or we might need to swap out personnel. 

Who else is big enough to take abuse / screen the goalie, and has a decent shot and enough hand/eye? Lafferty? Myers? Lol

• Cheers 1