PGT - Canucks-3: NYRefs-4: Shit happens.

Sharpshooter

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

There are ways to call attention to this that doesn't involve crying in post game interviews. The team can reach out the the NHL and complain that way. Going at the refs through the media didn't work in the past, no reason to expect it to work now. Notice Tocchet's diplomatic approach about how we haven't gotten calls lately got us a bunch of powerplays last night and tonight, 10 powerplays between 2 games. Sometimes just throwing little peanuts out there can have an effect.

Keeping it behind close doors make it work less. We need transparency. No better way to do it than to mandate post game interviews with the refs!

We won't get that until way more teams make a fuss in the public.

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

I’ll admit, Tocc is growing on me. Sure handled the reffing situation and the OT loss with a ton more grace than this forum. 😄

Honestly, I think this game will have the effect of not only maintaining our trajectory but propelling it further.

That's exactly how I feel.  Make them hungrier.  Were the better team 5 on 5.  Probably feel a little slighted... Add fuel to their game.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Getting a point in this one, on a back to back with the backup in net vs a top team… pretty impressive.

but the best part is their overall play coming together a few games in a row now.  A disappointing loss should keep them focused and hungry for Halloween vs the Preds.

Oh.. and love the Myers and Soucy bounce back.  Knew they were better than they looked for awhile there.

Yeah, the D men got their minutes cut last few games and got the message.  They responded well.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, fanfor42 said:

Joshua took two stupid penalties that cost two goals. Shesterkin was incredible.

Refs missed the trip on petey.

That's the game.

On the first one vs. Trouba, that extra face wash takedown was unnecessary. He had already hit the big man, and sat on his back for a pony ride for a second longer than necessary (that was pretty funny tbh). But unnecessary penalty that cost us. Yep

• Cheers 3

27 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Tired of feeling like teams who are supposed to contend just get calls go there way regardless. It's unfair. Doesn't make sense when you're trying to sell the game. Yes. Rangers are good but they don't need help. How come these refs aren't made accountable. That was blatant. It's a penalty but I just don't feel like calling it. What??? That's your job. In a normal job if you aren't doing it you get disciplined or are fired. Having said that, it is an amazing feeling to finally care about hockey again. The boys are working hard. They didn't give up.

I agree with you.  I hope that the ownership group around the league get together and find a way to hold ref accountable.  The official department should not be the one who get to decide.   Would be nice if each team get its own choice of refereeing that they BOTH agree, for example, playoff series or the finals, not the league.  If players can be sent down to minors, then so should the ref based on their performance and you'll see the ref shape up fast if they want to keep their job at the top.  Some refs get too comfortable in that they can get away with it.  

Another thought, a coach challenge for any missed call that led to a goal.  If they could challenge goaltender interference, then so should they get a challenge on any missed trip and goals being called back, no penalty but faceoff in neutral zone.  It is sort of an interference coming back.