[GDT] Around the NHL [November 2023]

Coconuts

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Yup. We are great and those other Hughes (Jack and Luke) are puck suckers. 

Idk about that. Sure, Jack sucks at face offs, but he would be an excellent winger for us. A massive upgrade over Judy Garland and Beau. Quinn himself also said that he thinks Luke will be a better defenceman than him. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Adam Fox is out and on LTIR. 

It’s a two horse race for the Norris trophy. 

Hughes > Makar 

Who you got? 

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the other defensemen just yet. Obviously Hughes' numbers are insane right now but the Canucks have had 3 blowout wins in 10 games. If he can somehow keep this pace and score 130 points then just hand him the damn trophy, but I don't think that's very realistic.

Dahlin is also off to a solid start despite Buffalo being a bit lackluster with 9 points in 11 games. If they start rolling he could start racking up a lot more points. Also Hedman seems to be rebounding from his down year last year with 9 points in 10 games. Hell, even Slavin seems to have found his scoring touch and has 2 shorthanded goals already this year. I also wouldn't count out McAvoy even with his 4 game suspension.

32 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the other defensemen just yet. Obviously Hughes' numbers are insane right now but the Canucks have had 3 blowout wins in 10 games. If he can somehow keep this pace and score 130 points then just hand him the damn trophy, but I don't think that's very realistic.

Dahlin is also off to a solid start despite Buffalo being a bit lackluster with 9 points in 11 games. If they start rolling he could start racking up a lot more points. Also Hedman seems to be rebounding from his down year last year with 9 points in 10 games. Hell, even Slavin seems to have found his scoring touch and has 2 shorthanded goals already this year. I also wouldn't count out McAvoy even with his 4 game suspension.

Dahlin should not be mentioned in the same sentence with Hughes, Makar, Hedman. Dahlin is one of those hyped by the media guys. He’s a good player but not a guy who impacts the game like the elite tier D do. Power is better  than Dahlin. And he’s not in the upper tier of D. Watch five Sabre games. Then you will see what Dahlin is. Decent for sure. But definitely not elite. Insane overpay on his contract. 

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

🤣

I can’t stand the “I didn’t see what happened” excuse.

Of course you saw what happened. Players watch the play constantly and that happened right beside the puck. Not to mention you have a player lying on the ice injured after with Marchand beside him. You know what happened, just say you don’t care.

Edited by DeNiro
  • ThereItIs 1

Jack Hughes leaves Devils game against Blues with upper-body injury

https://www.nhl.com/news/devils-jack-hughes-injury-news-status-update

Saw a video clip and he got tripped on a breakaway and slid into the end wall. Not too sure if it was his head hitting the wall or his shoulder that was the problem. 

Edited by Alflives

14 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Adam Fox is out and on LTIR. 

It’s a two horse race for the Norris trophy. 

Hughes > Makar 

Who you got? 

I'd love to see Quinn win but it's waaaaaaaaay too early for that. Canucks were pretty fortunate last year regarding their key guys staying healthy, they've been pretty fortunate this season too. 

Quinn could get hurt, Makar could get hurt, we don't know. Lot of hockey left to be played. 

9 hours ago, Diamonds said:

All the aforementioned players are going to have their big games too. 

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'd love to see Quinn win but it's waaaaaaaaay too early for that. Canucks were pretty fortunate last year regarding their key guys staying healthy, they've been pretty fortunate this season too. 

Quinn could get hurt, Makar could get hurt, we don't know. Lot of hockey left to be played. 

All the aforementioned players are going to have their big games too. 

And there’s Hronek too. He’s got 10 points, which is third for D. He plays hard minutes, limited PP time, lots of PK. All the other highest scoring D play lots of PP1 minutes. Hronek is a brilliant player. He should be second in Norris voting to Hughes. 

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Right as I turn on the Oilers game; Jack Micheals "Bouchard hit 3 different pipes"

maybe that explains his defensive play this season

Just got back from a morning hunt, no dice, gonna watch this game now. Hoping for a Nashville win so the soap opera continues in Oil country. Lol. Tough though, Preds haven't impressed me much. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Just got back from a morning hunt, no dice, gonna watch this game now. Hoping for a Nashville win so the soap opera continues in Oil country. Lol. Tough though, Preds haven't impressed me much. 

Nice! good way to spend the morning.

Yeah I don't love their chances, especially with Lankanien in net, although were all tied up now so fingers crossed!

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And there’s Hronek too. He’s got 10 points, which is third for D. He plays hard minutes, limited PP time, lots of PK. All the other highest scoring D play lots of PP1 minutes. Hronek is a brilliant player. He should be second in Norris voting to Hughes. 

Lot of D could be in the mix, we're not even a quarter through the season