[GDT] Around the NHL [November 2023]

Coconuts

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I think something is wrong with McBaby, like a wrist or elbow problem. According to the new NHL Edge stats his shooting speed and percentage is way down compared to last year. His top shot speed is under 79 mph this year, 10 mph down from his usual top speed. He's also under league average for shooting percentage, when he's usually near the top. 

Maybe thats why EDM is so dejected, they know McBaby is dealing with something and they're hooped without him. 

Or maybe he's playing crappy on purpose in order to tank his trade value so teams can afford the asking price and he can get out of that shithole.

• Like 1

Odd suspension. NHL.claims to punish the hit not the outcome... that his was after the play when Mcann had not prepared foe it , used a weapon ( 2 hand stick chop ) and served no purpose other than intent to injure

I don't care If it's his first suspension .... that.hit should have been atleast 4 games 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

Dux wins 4-2....must say the dux are one of the biggest surprises of the year...i never would have figured them to have so many points already....

Yes, Anaheim is a big surprise this year. But  tonight gave was back to back for Vegas and their back up not as good as Hill. SOG 32-22 Vegas

57 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

Dux wins 4-2....must say the dux are one of the biggest surprises of the year...i never would have figured them to have so many points already....

But how are they a surprise they always start out strong and then disappear they were battling for a playoff spot 2 years ago with prolly a worse team and then fell off after the midway point. 

Edited by wai_lai416

9 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

But how are they a surprise they always start out strong and then disappear they were battling for a playoff spot 2 years ago with prolly a worse team and then fell off after the midway point. 

stat.jpg

no way i expected this ahead of the season...

Edited by Mrwipeout

13 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

stat.jpg

no way i expected this ahead of the season...

meh i expect it to settle down once the schedule even out.. vegas first 13 games have the easiest schedule of any team in the league.. they played a real team twice.. dallas and colorado.. ok maybe LA too.. every other team they played people were expecting/predicting missing the playoff or finishing in the lottery. anaheim for sure is surprising as their schedule is pretty tough and they already beaten boston for their first lost of the season and now vegas.. and they already beaten carolina and is currently on a 6 game winning streak.. but like i said i expect them to fall off eventually.. they were in the thick of a playoff race couple years too even winning 8 games in a row and then ran out of gas and fell off the map.. so i expect them the same.. they have a pretty good young group cooking but i don't see their rookie dostal able to continue playing at this level.

canucks also have a relatively light schedule kinda like vegas and it's perfect they are taking care of business exactly what they need to do pouncing on struggling teams and beating teams they should beat on paper. the dallas win was excellent and we somehow owns dallas the last couple years even when we struggle. the up coming canadian road trip could be tricky though.. we are playing a bunch of teams that should be better than what they have shown.. and all of them would be looking to bounce back or break out of their slump.. so hopefully we can match their intensity and continue playing well beating up on them.

11 hours ago, Coconuts said:

We've started strong but it's early, all it'd take is a small losing streak for other teams to gain ground 

A losing streak combined with an opposing teams winning streak, yes.

Those things don't always happen at the exact same time very often, which is why it's so hard to make up a seemingly insignificant "10 point" gap - or even less .

11 hours ago, drdeath said:

Eatbread suspended ONE game for cross checking McCann in the head. Back in my day stuff that falls that far outside of hockey used to be 13 games and a lawsuit

It was a pretty disgusting hit, should've been at least 3-4 games imo. Btw, where does "eatbread" come from?