[GDT] Around the NHL [November 2023]

Coconuts

3 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

I like those jerseys way more than their usual home jerseys.

I get that they won a cup with the duck foot logo, but they should honestly just go back to the purple and the duck logo full-time. 

Keep the black/gold/orange and the foot if they want, but make it the third jersey.

The purple is just so crisp. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, gwarrior said:

I like those jerseys way more than their usual home jerseys.

Unpopular opinion but I really think the current Duck jerseys are sick.  No one else uses orange in the league and it’s very sharp on black.  I actually like most modern jerseys used by the NHL these days.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Laffs down already.My emptiness is full🤣

3-1 Tampa , only 12 min in. 

Just now, Rindiculous said:

Unpopular opinion but I really think the current Duck jerseys are sick.  No one else uses orange in the league and it’s very sharp on black.  I actually like most modern jerseys used by the NHL these days.

Philadelphia?

5 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Philly does, but I agree that the use of orange is rather unique, which is why I'd be chill with the Ducks retaining the colour orange on their third jerseys. 

But I do prefer the purple, no bones about it. But why not use two awesome colour schemes?

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Philly does, but I agree that the use of orange is rather unique, which is why I'd be chill with the Ducks retaining the colour orange on their third jerseys. 

But I do prefer the purple, no bones about it. But why not use two awesome colour schemes?

Yah I agree.  I am a big fan of radically different third jerseys.  So these purple thirds with their orange and black mains are awesome.  Same with Arizona, Van with the skate, etc.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Wing said:

Eek Laffs down 4-1 still in the first period. It's going to be a loooong game. They'll probably find a way to score 5 which is very possible, but I don't see how you can call this a team cup contender. 

Samsonov is playing like Martin or Halak played for us.... Baaaaaad!  Woll has played well, but at this point, because their back ups suckin', he'll have to play more games, lead him to being over worked, burn out or get hurt... To bad for them. Heheheheh

Edited by Hogs and Podz

2 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

As much as I hate to say it I rather the Leafs win and have all the media focus on them being the "saviors" of Canada. Keep the Nucks as the underdogs please, let the Leafs have all the media pressure.

I think that this team would relish positive coverage around the country.  They already get extreme pressure from our media.