[GDT] Around the NHL [November 2023]

Coconuts

1 hour ago, Hogs and Podz said:

My whole point of asking is whether we can beat them with our speed.  I known they have size on us.  They're heavier for sure.  I was looking at them kinda built like the blueprint of the Blues a couple seasons ago.  

If I'm correct in my assessment, we won't beat them on the boards, or the dot.... But getting behind their defence might be possible.  Most nights, we'll have an advantage in net as well.

Ultimately, I'm wondering if we could match up well against them in a seven game series.  

I think we're close.  Looking forward to the games we have against then in season.... I don't think we play them until Feb 29th (leap year game!).

I think we'd have the edge in net, I think their forward depth might be better though despite our top six talent having done more. Our scoring really falls off after after our top six, and a good complimentary player or not, PDG is not a top-six caliber player. I'm not sure we'd beat them with our speed, would probably be an even series if the Canucks can maintain their level of play. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/depth-charts/canucks

https://www.capfriendly.com/depth-charts/kings

I'm not as sold on us yet, we've faced some pretty tame opposition thus far. The only wins we have against impressive teams were our beating a Florida team missing it's top 2 D and our beating Dallas imo. Our shooting percentage is also probably due for some regression, we lead the league with a shooting percentage of 15.4. We're 4th on the powerplay, which probably contributes to our shooting percentage whereas we're only 25th in shots on goal. 

Goals allowed is 2nd, but I attribute that more to Demko thus far this season. PK is 18th, shots on goal is 18th. We're one of the more undisciplined teams in the league at 20th. 

Our defense drives our offense more but that's largely driven by Hughes and Hronek, I wouldn't necessarily say our group is better at defending. 

I think we could beat them but I'm not sure I'd consider either team to be the favourite at this point. Our star power has shone brighter thus far though, no question.

• Cheers 1

I actually thought the Kings were going to be a threat last season....not at all surprised that they're doing well so far....

It could be just me, but I've felt Adrian Kempe might be the most underrated player in the league for a while now.

1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

Tonight I am partially a sharks fan

Rolling On The Floor Laughing GIF by Party Down South

I was actually happy to see them beat the Flyers.....

I'm not much into kicking a team when they're down by that much.....unless Joe Thornton was still on the roster. In that case...kick away....

Just now, RupertKBD said:

I was actually happy to see them beat the Flyers.....

I'm not much into kicking a team when they're down by that much.....unless Joe Thornton was still on the roster. In that case...kick away....

The Flyers game is irrelevant to me. 
I just want them to beat Oilers  😄

2 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

The Flyers game is irrelevant to me. 
I just want them to beat Oilers  😄

Was just taking a look at their season offensively so far....it's horrific. 13 goals in 12 games. Most goals scored in one game: 3 (in a 6-3 loss to the 'Canes)

If the Oilers somehow manage to lose this game, they truly will have hit rock bottom. In fact, I think they need to put up at least a 5 spot to feel like they've done anything.

29 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Connor Bedard single-handedly destroys the former Stanley Cup champions while mom is in attendance.  

The torch has officially been passed.  From old Connor to new Connor…

Hear that McDiver? You've been replaced!

sadmcdavid.png.53d4c5e32a62f7e2965fea14f8f9cf10.png

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Total points:

JT Miller - 20

Bo Horvat - 9

Only BO’s mother would have kept him over JT, and that’s even debatable…

Bo was always hyped and protected. I’m glad he moved on because JT Miller is a game breaker. Canucks need that long run in playoffs. Guy who can score clutch or right time. After I watched him with Rangers I was like “Canucks need that” and they got it. 

• ThereItIs 2

8 minutes ago, BestCanuck said:

Bo was always hyped and protected. I’m glad he moved on because JT Miller is a game breaker. Canucks need that long run in playoffs. Guy who can score clutch or right time. After I watched him with Rangers I was like “Canucks need that” and they got it. 

And Miller is taking less in cap allocation than Horfat Wallet. 

• Cheers 1