[GDT] Around the NHL [November 2023]

Coconuts

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

It would be a mercy firing, at this point.

They have one last game in Seattle Saturday before a big homestead so maybe he survives one more game.  But honestly that'll be just as bad since the entire HNIC broadcast will be talking about Woodcroft like a dead man walking.

Either way, they cannot return home to Edmonton with him in charge.  It's going to be "Fire Wilson" all over again.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Can't stand these lameass arenas that don't connect the dressing room tunnels to the bench.  Crappy design, IMO.

Well, the Shark Tank has it so that the away team backup has to sit in the tunnel.

Not a problem today because Edmonton can't afford to dress a second goalie.  😏

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

I just realized that maybe we shouldn't hope that Edmonton does as badly as we want. We wouldn't want them getting Mack Celebrini. That franchise should not be rewarded anymore for their incompetence.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Well, the Shark Tank has it so that the away team backup has to sit in the tunnel.

Not a problem today because Edmonton can't afford to dress a second goalie.  😏

It just bugs me when you have to go to some other corner when you get injured, and if you are ready to come back, you have to wait for a whistle.

Imagine one of our stars having a skate issue and goes to the room, only tonbe stuck over there during a long run without a whistle.

It's just wrong.  Even worse if it is not the same setup for the home team (not sure if that is the case I. The Tank or not)

4 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

I just realized that maybe we shouldn't hope that Edmonton does as badly as we want. We wouldn't want them getting Mack Celebrini. That franchise should not be rewarded anymore for their incompetence.

I want San Jose to get it.  They have been managed the right way and they're in a standard rebuilding phase.

Plus their diehard fans are such good sports.  The way they celebrated that goal against Vancouver was amazing.  The playoff volume at the end of tonight's game - amazing.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

If their fans didn’t have an undeserved sense of entitlement and the players weren’t such cry babies, I would feel sorry for them.

I am not sure where you have examples or ideas that Edmonton fans are entitled. On the contrary they been one of the worst teams in NHL for a decade and haven't gotten a taste of playoff hockey and finally have something to be happy in with Drai and McDavid.

Why put down Edmoton fans who I don't recall ever trashing Canucks in these forums.