[GDT] Around the NHL [November 2023]

Coconuts

31 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Unless they go on a heater or two in a row it could very well be too late, absolutely 

It's hard to gain ground, we've seen that the past two seasons 

i mean it's not impossible if they all of a sudden get a goalie like binnington did with st louis couple years ago.. but the good thing for the oilers is.. no team in the west is really pulling away in the middle.. assuming they win tonight they are technically only 8 points from the last spot with 60+ games to go.. it's not that crazy.. it's really just gonna be them kraken preds and minnesota fighting for those last 2 wc slot.. i expect the pretenders the arizonas ducks blues to fall off soon

Bedard's gettin' rollin'. 

Two more goals against Florida already. Still the third to play. 

OEL, a goal and an assist in two periods. Ouch. 

4 goals and 5 assists in this the 14th game. Still one period to go. 

I know the buyout allowed us to get Cole, Soucy, Blueger, Suter, but... I had a feeling he'd have a bounce back year. 

49 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

I know the buyout allowed us to get Cole, Soucy, Blueger, Suter, but... I had a feeling he'd have a bounce back year. 

OEL has been huge for them in the early going, he's helped them keep afloat while Ekblad and Montour have been out. They're still out. If the Panthers make the playoffs, and I reckon they will, his contributions in the early part of the season alone could more than justify his 2.25M cap hit. He's averaging about 23-24 mins a night right now if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

OEL has been huge for them in the early going, he's helped them keep afloat while Ekblad and Montour have been out. They're still out. If the Panthers make the playoffs, and I reckon they will, his contributions in the early part of the season alone could more than justify his 2.25M cap hit. He's averaging about 23-24 mins a night right now if I'm not mistaken.

I know. And like I said, the buyout enabled us to get Cole, and so on. Which obviously is great. 

But it's going to handicap our Cap for years, and I felt that with an off-season of serious training, being injury-free, and better defense system, coaches, he was more than likely going to have a decent year. 

It's done, but I am just pointing out that so far, he's having a solid year.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Barn Burner said:

I know. And like I said, the buyout enabled us to get Cole, and so on. Which obviously is great. 

But it's going to handicap our Cap for years, and I felt that with an off-season of serious training, being injury-free, and better defense system, coaches, he was more than likely going to have a decent year. 

It's done, but I am just pointing out that so far, he's having a solid year.  

You could say he OEL-evated his play.

21 hours ago, Barn Burner said:

Oh well, can't look back.  It's doubtful he'd be having the same kind of season for us.

19 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I hate the Blackhawks but LOVE Bedard and am happy for him. He's killing it. Tkachuk wanting to go at him....suck it up butterchuk.

Agreed glad Bedard is doing well, just wish it wasn't with the Blackhawks. That organization doesn't deserve any kind of success.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

Oilers (3-9-1) Vs. Islanders (5-5-3) @ 5:30pm 

Oilers try climb out of a whole only winning once in 4 games... I think this is going to be circus because NYI on 4 game losing streak 🤡 

Interesting one I think. Islanders take on Canucks Wednesday. Bo Horvat has 10 points & even +/- …..

Prediction 8-5 Islanders 🥴

• Cheers 1