[GDT] Around the NHL [November 2023]

Coconuts

8 hours ago, Silent Man said:

I don't know if it is too early to watch scoreboard, but I don't like today's results (except Vegas- Capital), Ducks keep on wining, Calgary won. Canucks can't relax even for one game.

It’s always a good night of hockey if, as a fan, you hate every club but your home team. Focus on the loser clubs. Devils lost again. Sabres lost again. Seeing these clubs lose makes Alf happy. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Silent Man said:

I don't know if it is too early to watch scoreboard, but I don't like today's results (except Vegas- Capital), Ducks keep on wining, Calgary won. Canucks can't relax even for one game.

Best thing about our great start is we lead the Pacific in ROW. As things start to even out this could be very important by the end of year.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Silent Man said:

Anaheim has been a surprise for sure, but as long as the Canucks keep on with what they're doing...

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

It made no sense for EDM to do this to him. Killing his confidence and any trade value.

All part of their master plan.

Just think if they can draft another 1OA center, they would be unstoppable

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

Devils lose again. They are falling back to .500, which is what Alf’s empties predicted. Sabres are now below .500

These are soft clubs. They are puck suckers. 

Lot of season left and they're missing their most dynamic player, remove Hughes and we likely look very different as well, our offense largely flows through him 

On 11/14/2023 at 10:21 AM, Coconuts said:

On 11/14/2023 at 10:23 AM, Chickenspear said:

Half court, 10 min 3-on-3 should be enough to decide the game. Shootouts would be rare.

21 hours ago, Rekker said:

Maybe I'm of the minority, I like 3 on 3 just the way it is. It's very different than regular hockey and I'm good with it. 

I'm going to make a new thread on this.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Lot of season left and they're missing their most dynamic player, remove Hughes and we likely look very different as well, our offense largely flows through him 

Hate those clubs and very much enjoy seeing them lose. Dahlin sucks pucks. Jack and Luke Hughes don’t play defensively. Both those clubs are losers. And Alf gets pleasure from watching them lose. 
#hateisgood

Oil are suddenly just six points out of a playoff spot, although St. Louis has a game in hand 

If they can keep this winning streak going or at least put together a couple winning stretches they could very well climb back into the playoff mix 

29 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Oil are suddenly just six points out of a playoff spot, although St. Louis has a game in hand 

If they can keep this winning streak going or at least put together a couple winning stretches they could very well climb back into the playoff mix 

McDavid not in top 50 in scoring. When he gets going I expect they should change.

I love joking about their current demise but in all reality they still belong in playoff discussion.

10 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

McDavid not in top 50 in scoring. When he gets going I expect they should change.

I love joking about their current demise but in all reality they still belong in playoff discussion.

Agreed, I've read speculation that McDavid hasn't been playing at 100% and that would explain some of Edmonton's woes thus far 

If him and Draisaitl can get hot they're hard to stop though, they're legit game-breaking talents 

I wouldn't be surprised to see them claw their way back into the playoff discussion

3 hours ago, LionofJudah said:

Stutzle with an amazing finish in OT for Ottawa. Bats it out of mid air with like only 2 seconds left

Ottawa has a stud and he's locked in long-term at 8.3M

21 and already has a 90 point season to his name, up to 20 in 14 thus far so he's well on his way

• Like 1