[GDT] Around the NHL [November 2023]

Coconuts

22 hours ago, Coconuts said:

OEL with his fifth goal of the season,  11th point in 17 games 

OEL has one less goal than Quinn Hughes, didn't think I'd be saying that for either of them at this point 

21 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

I knew he’d have a bounce back year, shame he was an ill fit here good player. 

Totally. Good player for sure. Maybe he didn't regress after all, as so many thought....

And fwiw, in 133 gp in Van he had 7 goals....

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Isles on a losing streak.  See if they can break it tonight 

Isles are a weird one, they've got the talent to be better than they have been but they just can't seem to score regularly 

Near the bottom of the league in both goals and shooting percentage despite having one of the better powerplays 

For a team whose defense is supposed to be their bread and butter it hasn't really been 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Isles are a weird one, they've got the talent to be better than they have been but they just can't seem to score regularly 

Near the bottom of the league in both goals and shooting percentage despite having one of the better powerplays 

For a team whose defense is supposed to be their bread and butter it hasn't really been 

Their radio guys spinning it as 3 game pt streak. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

my hope is Cowgary gets enough of a bump to not trade anyone, and choke down the stretch. No assets for them and all their UFAs walk for nothing. 

mission accomplished for today. mediocre flames are the best flames

Edited by Rubik
  • Haha 1

Im actually surprise makar shattered QH quickest to 200 assist. I always thought QH had more assist and makar have more goals. But guess makar is better at goals and assist. Before anyone go and say makar have mackinnon and rantenen. QH have miller and EP so it’s like a wash. Only knock I have on makar is he’s always injured for a good chunk of the season while QH have been very healthy touch wood 

33 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Im actually surprise makar shattered QH quickest to 200 assist. I always thought QH had more assist and makar have more goals. But guess makar is better at goals and assist. Before anyone go and say makar have mackinnon and rantenen. QH have miller and EP so it’s like a wash. Only knock I have on makar is he’s always injured for a good chunk of the season while QH have been very healthy touch wood 

Actually Hughes holds the rookie scoring record for D in the playoffs. Makar tried but failed to match him. 
Makar got Towes and that allowed him more offensive success. We Saw Hughes was better than Makar when he had Tanev. And we are seeing him the better player now he has Hronek.

Accept it.

Bow and kneel to the Empties. 

• Haha 3

Nylander is turning into one of the best player in the league in by far the best players on the laffs right now. Wonder if how they’ll handle him coz at this rate he’s gonna be in the 10-11+ instead of the 9 projected. Consider he held out last time for every penny there’s no chance he takes a discount. Will they try and move marner and keep nylander

6 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Hughes is a phenomenal talent but I do view Makar as being the better player

We're very fortunate to have one of the two though, easily the best D we've had 

image.png.751dda8f56e3250570bf6fe16cd3df07.png

4 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Nylander is turning into one of the best player in the league in by far the best players on the laffs right now. Wonder if how they’ll handle him coz at this rate he’s gonna be in the 10-11+ instead of the 9 projected. Consider he held out last time for every penny there’s no chance he takes a discount. Will they try and move marner and keep nylander

They'll be hard pressed, he has a full NMC this season and next, so does Tavares

I'm not convinced they can afford to keep all of them, Nylander would be the easiest to move given he only has a 10 team NTC

41 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

They'll be hard pressed, he has a full NMC this season and next, so does Tavares

I'm not convinced they can afford to keep all of them, Nylander would be the easiest to move given he only has a 10 team NTC

Which is funny because this year he has been the best of the bunch. 
He is Allvin’s plan B if can’t sign EP. 🦩💨

9 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Which is funny because this year he has been the best of the bunch. 
He is Allvin’s plan B if can’t sign EP. 🦩💨

Don't think we'd be willing to pay what he'd cost, I'd be surprised if he makes it to UFA

Him and Pettersson sure would be dynamic together though 

Pettersson will get signed, it's just a matter of what the term looks like imo

1 hour ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

So this week should i go to caps v sabres (saw sabres-caps last year and likely no stillman :(( ) or caps vs oilers and boo the oilers for the hell of it?

I'd go see Sabres-Caps personally, I'd be a bit disappointed watching an Oilers win and Sabres-Caps guarantees you don't see one 

• Cheers 1