Injured 

Jackets could be in the mix for Celebrini with San Jose

Anyone but Chicago, they don't need a top three pick

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

HERE WE GO BOYS

Tim Peel speaking of accountability. :classic_laugh:

"Nothing is more important than ensuring the integrity of our game," the NHL said upon announcing the firing. The NHL fired referee Tim Peel on Wednesday after a hot mic captured him boasting about whistling a penalty because he "wanted to."Mar 24, 2021

You are just as bad as Auger.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Tim Peel speaking of accountability. :classic_laugh:

"Nothing is more important than ensuring the integrity of our game," the NHL said upon announcing the firing. The NHL fired referee Tim Peel on Wednesday after a hot mic captured him boasting about whistling a penalty because he "wanted to."Mar 24, 2021

You are just as bad as Auger.

I'm not sure who I dislike more...Spector or Peel.  It's like when the Oilers play the Leafs.  I don't want either team to win the game.🤣

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Watching that McDavid interview after their loss, I got a real sense that he has an issue with the Oil's D and goaltending, as main reasons they're losing games.

I certainly wouldn't ever want to help the Oilers, but if they want to improve those areas of the team, they need to trade Draisaitl (and maybe Bouchard and Skinner). I hope they don't. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

Watching that McDavid interview after their loss, I got a real sense that he has an issue with the Oil's D and goaltending, as main reasons they're losing games.

I certainly wouldn't ever want to help the Oilers, but if they want to improve those areas of the team, they need to trade Draisaitl (and maybe Bouchard and Skinner). I hope they don't. 

They seem way too attached to the idea of having both McDavid and Draisaitl, but they really don't need Draisaitl when they already have an offensive weapon like McDavid. The kind of hull they could get for Draisaitl could easily patch their holes.

Trading Draisaitl could probably return a Selke caliber center and a top pair defenseman who actually knows how to play defense. Draisaitl could probably get you something like Hischier and Marino out of New Jersey or Reinhart and Ekblad out of Florida. Not that those exact players are available, but the Oilers would probably be a better team with that kind of trade. Hell, even a trade to Tampa for Cirelli and Sergachev or to Minnesota for Eriksson Ek and Faber probably makes them better.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

They seem way too attached to the idea of having both McDavid and Draisaitl, but they really don't need Draisaitl when they already have an offensive weapon like McDavid. The kind of hull they could get for Draisaitl could easily patch their holes.

Trading Draisaitl could probably return a Selke caliber center and a top pair defenseman who actually knows how to play defense. Draisaitl could probably get you something like Hischier and Marino out of New Jersey or Reinhart and Ekblad out of Florida. Not that those exact players are available, but the Oilers would probably be a better team with that kind of trade. Hell, even a trade to Tampa for Cirelli and Sergachev or to Minnesota for Eriksson Ek and Faber probably makes them better.

I don't know. Drais has holes in his game and only under contract for one more year. He didn't do much when McD was out. I'm biased, not a Drais fan, feel he's overrated. No way I would trade Hish for Drais straight across even.

On 11/21/2023 at 11:36 AM, Diamonds said:

I would honestly move McDavid before Draisaitl better overall player to build around and McDavid would net a massive haul. 

• Cheers 1