[GDT] Around the NHL [November 2023]

Coconuts

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

Would love to see Wild ownership step up and say they’ll pay it.

Big FU to the league but I doubt it happens.

This league has a complete lack of judgement on what’s right and what’s wrong.

• Upvote 4

Meanwhile. a militant union/player's association guy is thinking.

So the league is going to big fine the team, while only being able to 'small" fine the player?

Next game all the players, league wide, show up with 'tribute/recognition' symbols.

Go ahead league, fine every freaking team in your league- see how the owners like that?

Bet those fines would disappear- along with Bettman.

Win/win

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just watched BUF/PIT, very entertaining, the game had a bit of everything, some good some bad.

Dahlin gifted the Pens a goal fanning on a pass out of his zone. The commentators then jinxed Nedeljkovic by talking about his shutout streak. But BUF then level the game with Karlson tipping into his own net. Tuch bagged the winner.

As a bonus I watched the first minute of CGY/DAL and Dallas score on their first shot, with Marky looking a bit sheepish. Always good to see the Flames scored on.

2 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Fat Wallet has been good on the dot, not much else...but there's still 12 minutes left for a Sens' comeback 

As much as I want Fat Wsllet to go bad I can’t help laughing at the Sens and enjoy them losing. Lots of guys on that club who only try hard when the have the puck. Can we all say Stutzle? He’s me way loser doodle. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

As much as I want Fat Wsllet to go bad I can’t help laughing at the Sens and enjoy them losing. Lots of guys on that club who only try hard when the have the puck. Can we all say Stutzle? He’s me way loser doodle. 

They should be better, but I think it's a coaching issue, DJ Smith and our former 3 game d-man Jack Capuano as an Associate Coach ain't leading these troops anywhere

• ThereItIs 2

Just now, Sophomore Jinx said:

They should be better, but I think it's a coaching issue, DJ Smith and our former 3 game d-man Jack Capuano as an Associate Coach ain't leading these troops anywhere

It will hard for the Sens to win with a guy like Stutzle. Can’t have top earning, top minute guys who play selfish, one way cheating the game to score hockey. We saw how that worked here with The Fat Wallet. 

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Fat Wallet has been good on the dot, not much else...but there's still 12 minutes left for a Sens' comeback 

Faceoff %:

JT Miller - 55.2%
Bo Horvat - 51.8%
Elias Pettersson - 50.4%

Horvat is slightly above average on faceoffs this year. That is supposed to be his bread and butter. 

He’s on pace for 22 goals and 63 points. As Alf always points out, his fat wallet is keeping him from being an elite NHL player. He’s a borderline 2C. 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Faceoff %:

JT Miller - 55.2%
Bo Horvat - 51.8%
Elias Pettersson - 50.4%

Horvat is slightly above average on faceoffs this year. That is supposed to be his bread and butter. 

He’s on pace for 22 goals and 63 points. As Alf always points out, his fat wallet is keeping him from being an elite NHL player. He’s a borderline 2C. 

Yes, I agree, when I said he's been good on the dot, I was only reporting on last nights game where he was at 61% at one point (in response to Alf's post).

No cheating or free reign for Bo in his new digs, his contract will be one of the biggest albatrosses in the league moving forward.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Breadnbutta said:

Watching the rags and bruins.

Man jack Edward's is painful to listen to, he's so slow. 

Clearly his health is declining? Did he have a stroke?

This is just what he sounds like when he’s off the sauce…

It’s like he’s on half speed. Sounds like I’m watching baseball. 🤮