[GDT] Around the NHL [November 2023]

Coconuts

3 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

Ah thanks! I missed the penalty and was so confused

It was an entertaining PK. Pietrangelo broke his stick, and instead of taking the forward's stick, he swapped places with the forward. They weren't able to clear until the penalty expired.

20 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

Ah thanks! I missed the penalty and was so confused

Penalty was in regulation.  Then they spent the first minute of OT 4-3, then when the PP was over 4-4.  It stayed like that, because there was no stoppage in play.

Flames had 4 skaters the entire time.  Wonder if that has happened before

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Did something happen before this that set Mac off? Pretty mild hit by Chucky in the video.  I just saw highlights from the game ans their clip wasn't much longer than this one.

Weird of the mass of misconducts on the other one.  Surprised Florida got a PP out of that considering Brady got jumped pretty bad. But maybe there was something before the contact w the goalie (which again didn't seem enough to warrant the fighting) that highlights didn't show.

This might be worth watching later.

5 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I think the  Florida feed was probably seconds before (or after) the other one. I like the one you posted better but I couldn’t find a working link for it.

So wait, the ref has to always call penalties twice for separate broadcasts?  I don't remember this happening at Rogers Arena games.  It's weird, right?

26 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

So wait, the ref has to always call penalties twice for separate broadcasts?  I don't remember this happening at Rogers Arena games.  It's weird, right?

No, I’m just guessing that he came back to give a fuller explanation for the penalties other than the misconducts. Just a guess though.

But it was funnier without the explanation and the broadcast crew sure enjoyed it in your version.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

No, I’m just guessing that he came back to give a fuller explanation for the penalties other than the misconducts. Just a guess though.

But it was funnier without the explanation and the broadcast crew sure enjoyed it in your version.

Grandma Tkachuk looks pissed

undefined-Imgur.gif.d0baa9b5bcad05234c91cc18bd5910c8.gif

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

Agree. Lots of teams are capable of shutting down C and L. Without them dominating games the team struggles. 

Oof I don't know about that take. 

Those two have racked up 120 point seasons precisely because most of the teams cannot stop them. 

I think that we will see Edmonton put together some crazy streaks and race back into the wildcard spot by March. I hope I'm wrong. 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Calgary gets at least a point, strong showing against Vegas

12 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

At this moment they playing better then we do

Gonna be a tough game on Saturday! 

I'm hoping that Calgary plays well enough to keep their UFAs and then loses them for nothing in the summer! 

5 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Oof I don't know about that take. 

Those two have racked up 120 point seasons precisely because most of the teams cannot stop them. 

I think that we will see Edmonton put together some crazy streaks and race back into the wildcard spot by March. I hope I'm wrong. 

You’re probably right about C & L. I was thinking in terms of their scoring this year… not much to report until now. 
As far as playoffs, I agree and don’t want to see them. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Gonna be a tough game on Saturday! 

I'm hoping that Calgary plays well enough to keep their UFAs and then loses them for nothing in the summer! 

I think they'll be looking to make lateral hockey trades if they maintain a competitive pace, but they may take picks/prospects/young NHL'ers

After watching Gaudreau walk for nothing recently I think they'll be a bit gun shy on that front

Could see either Lindholm or Hanifin staying, maybe both, whereas I think Tanev and Zadorov are goners for sure

Lindholm hasn't looked as all-world without Gaudreau and Tkachuk, he may just take his bag, he's a top six center but having someone who can pass like Gaudreau and play like Tkachuk elevated his game

Huberdeau could potentially still be that guy but he hasn't been yet

Hanifin would likely just require a large bag and term, but he's also the piece who'd probably get Calgary the best return

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1