[GDT] Around the NHL [November 2023]

Coconuts

Am I missing something on the Patrick Kane signing? Why is his cap hit not prorated like so many others are when they sign part ways through a season? I am expecting that Ethan Bear; when he signs with whatever team he chooses, will have his cap hit nearly double for this year compared to what he signs for.

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Good. He can beat up on the rest of our division for a few months until we see him again, and EDM still won't catch us.

They don't have to catch us, and it's unlikely given the gap. At this point they'd probably settle for a wildcard given their start. 5 points out of a playoff spot, they could do it. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see McDavid race his way up the points ladder though, he's been on. 

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

They don't have to catch us, and it's unlikely given the gap. At this point they'd probably settle for a wildcard given their start. 5 points out of a playoff spot, they could do it. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see McDavid race his way up the points ladder though, he's been on. 

I disagree, they'll have their eyes set on a divisional spot........there's a ton of hockey left to be played and the Oilers are a team that can on an insane run.

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I disagree, they'll have their eyes set on a divisional spot........there's a ton of hockey left to be played and the Oilers are a team that can on an insane run.

They'll try for one, but there's quite a gap between them and us, Vegas, and LA. Making the playoffs period would be a successful season for them at this point, they'll take any seed they can get over missing. 

• Vintage 1

55 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

They'll try for one, but there's quite a gap between them and us, Vegas, and LA. Making the playoffs period would be a successful season for them at this point, they'll take any seed they can get over missing. 

if McD and Drai keep going the way there are in the last 5, they'll make up ground in a hurry

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

12 points in 3 games, safe to say McDavid is probably back

Thank gods, he's in my hockey pool and I've been thinking what a waste it was picking him. Though I am in a healthy spot at the top of said pool so I really didn't need him I guess 

11 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Well here's something you don't see every day:

Cute!  Too bad the review can't lead to a penalty or two against Raymond (holding the stick, embellishing, unsportsmanlike, general d-baggery).

At least there is the review in place and he didn't get away with that BS.

Woulda been priceless if he lost a tooth from it :classic_laugh:

Edited by Kragar
  • Haha 1