[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Oct. 31st, 7:00PM PT | Halloween 2023 Edition

Roberts

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I'm a holdout on Beuvillier. He always was streaky. I'm not getting on the "what have you done for me lately" train. He has a motor. 

Agreed, I am not looking to move him, like I am, say, a Myers...

I think he has a role on the team, but it sure looks like he needs a top 6 job or scratch, perhaps.

Just now, stawns said:

Why should they face more public scrutiny than they do already?  I mean, they need refs and I can't imagine public humiliation is a great recruiting tool

There is next to no accountability in that profession. Can you imagine being dog shit at your job night in and night out and just continue to collect your paycheck?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why should they face more public scrutiny than they do already?  I mean, they need refs and I can't imagine public humiliation is a great recruiting tool

People will always be available for a league like the NHL. It also promotes discussion of the game and helps anchor rules and educates.

Discussion is always a good thing as long as it's moderated properly. It's asinine that they can't even scrutinize decision making without fines. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Penally was weak. Pretty common play though ... Forsberg is smart and felt Miller hook him once, second time he shifted direction and drew the call.

Miller got kind of gyped but should have kept his cool. Refs not changing his mind. He must have really said something insulting or derogatory. Got to be better.

Nice goal from Petey. 

Nope...this ref's carrying baggage from last year. And that's ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed to happen. He's got it in for JT, who called him out last year. "Jailhouse rules".  He's upset...like a pissy 14 year old girl.

Anyhow, he's under the microscope now.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Exactly why I’ve been on the move Beauvillier and keep Garland train since last season. 

Both. Didn't need to trade Beauvillier though. Both he and Myers are on their last years-- TDL for them.

They're still looking for a new home for Garland though as they should.  $$$

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Agreed, I am not looking to move him, like I am, say, a Myers...

I think he has a role on the team, but it sure looks like he needs a top 6 job or scratch, perhaps.

Likely none of Beauvillier, Myers, Garland will be here next year (or after this trade deadline.)

Edited by Canuckle
  • Cheers 1

Just now, greenbean30 said:

Hire more refs? Other professional leagues do it, that are WAY more successful than the NHL, pretty sure the NHL could figure it out.

And guess what, it would only take a couple of times before the refs smartened up.

From where?  Like them or not, the refs in the NHL are the best in the world.......there is t some pool of amazing, unemployed officials out there.

You might think the NHL is the most poorly officiated pro league and you might be right.  But, this is, literally, the best of the bunch.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

We don’t need a small streaky player he’s moveable while not missing much. 

Too many of the same players on this team. It's sad that they can't move on from any of them because they have no worth. Garland and Beau are slow for their size.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

A lot of unnecessary turnovers. Passes aren't even making it to teammates.

It kind of goes for both teams and players looks to fall way more often this game. It has to be the ice.

Nashville is equally sloppy this game.

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

Like, can you imagine 1 out of every 5 remote starts I installed just... Didn't work? I wouldn't have my job for more than a couple weeks lol

Hey! You have to be accountable. 

Refs? It impossible to make them accountable. I mean think of all the games they have to officiate!!!!

4 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Hire more refs? Other professional leagues do it, that are WAY more successful than the NHL, pretty sure the NHL could figure it out.

And guess what, it would only take a couple of times before the refs smartened up.

Yep, some competition would work. You want to call a game? Earn it.

But this league'll never do that because they don't care.