[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Oct. 31st, 7:00PM PT | Halloween 2023 Edition

Roberts

4 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

There is next to no accountability in that profession. Can you imagine being dog shit at your job night in and night out and just continue to collect your paycheck?

I see you've been by my work haha

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Anyone who works for the federal government knows that feeling. 

I contract with the feds, it's all true 😁

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

People will always be available for a league like the NHL. It also promotes discussion of the game and helps anchor rules and educates.

Discussion is always a good thing as long as it's moderated properly. It's asinine that they can't even scrutinize decision making without fines. 

Have you ever seen the way amateur officials are treated?  It's horrendous and it's all part of the same mentality and it's pushing all sports into critical failure for a sever shortage of officials, in every sport.  

That affects all levels of hockey

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

From where?  Like them or not, the refs in the NHL are the best in the world.......there is t some pool of amazing, unemployed officials out there.

You might think the NHL is the most poorly officiated pro league and you might be right.  But, this is, literally, the best of the bunch.

Cool cool cool. Let's just accept mediocrity then. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Credit to Nashville honestly, they are working hard.

Canucks aren't doing a bad job keeping them to the outside this period. 

Seems like a lack of forwards being wise. Defense seems a bit stranded out there and the forwards are out of sync. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Beauvillier has worth at the deadline, expiring deal has speed and can score. He’s just redundant here. 

I think he'll have some too.......nothing overly impactful, but he won't be worthless, he's a versatile player for a team looking to boost depth headed into the post season

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why should they face more public scrutiny than they do already?  I mean, they need refs and I can't imagine public humiliation is a great recruiting tool

I would say they need accountability, not more public scrutiny. Publicly traded businesses need to be audited and likewise, refs should be subject to third party assessments to ensure they're doing their jobs well.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Do not question the refs and their decision making process!!!!

They are consummate professionals who risk their very lives to bring us well officiated sports entertainment. 

Ron Maclean has 2 accounts here now. Wonderful. 

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1