[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Oct. 31st, 7:00PM PT | Halloween 2023 Edition

Roberts

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Why? Because they take names and have favorites. That kinda flies in the face of the whole impartial/unbiased approach. 

Perhaps they play favourites because of how certain players treat them.  Does t that seem more likely than just a blind dislike of a player?

Hockey players (and fans) should watch the rugby world cup if they want to see professional, sportsmanlike behaviour

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Honestly, Hanson's been one of the worst refs I've ever seen. He's pathetic.

Just now, stawns said:

Perhaps they play favourites because of how certain players treat them.  Does t that seem more likely than just a blind dislike of a player?

Hockey players (and fans) should watch the rugby world cup if they want to see professional, sportsmanlike behaviour

Save it.

So they have hissy fits...still should call things fairly. Not based on their hurt feelings.

• Vintage 3

3 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

Stawns is becoming the Ron McLean of CFF

For being objective?  Miller hooked him, then took it out on the ref........why would anyone get surprised that was called?

Be as "mean" as you want, doesn't really bother me.  

Edited by stawns

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Honestly, Hanson's been one of the worst refs I've ever seen. He's pathetic.

Save it.

That spot will always be reserved for Kelly sutherland for me. I'll never forgive him for 2011.

A game misconduct for Daniel getting speedbagged by Marchand? Fuck him. Ashamed he's from Richmond.

Edited by DSVII

Just now, stawns said:

Perhaps they play favourites because of how certain players treat them.

Impartiality is essential to their jobs. They should be composed and trained well enough to not let the players feedback affect them. 

Just now, stawns said:

Does t that seem more likely than just a blind dislike of a player?

No it seems like prejudice in play. 

Just now, stawns said:

Okay. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Sloppy game so far, lots of broken plays and bouncing pucks. Also so miscommunication on the ice, noticed a few times guys skating back towards demko and almost running into each other. Hopefully they get it all sorted out in the intermission and come out with control and good pace

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Lets be clear, it was a bad call, Forsberg essentially grabs his stick & holds onto it. Don't blame JT for being enraged. 

and it happened with the ref who blew the whistle seeing the whole thing unfolded.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Huggy Bear said:

For ensuring everyone knows you’ve been a ref, and always being the first to defend them.

Of the many things I've been during my time in hockey, ref was the least of them.

Miller knew what he was doing, knew he was probably going to get nailed for that......and well he should.  

I'm not sure why people normalize abusing officials......or anyone for that matter

I'm sick of it. The refs suck and there's no defending it. They are interfering in games more than they're officiating them. Don't hurt their feelings or else? Bullsh.

Tell me a guy who doesn't jaw at the ref on the way to the box. It's what happens and this ref is "sensitive". Screw him.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1