[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Oct. 31st, 7:00PM PT | Halloween 2023 Edition

Roberts

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Of the many things I've been during my time in hockey, ref was the least of them.

Miller knew what he was doing, knew he was probably going to get nailed for that......and well he should.  

I'm not sure why people normalize abusing officials......or anyone for that matter

"in my time of hockey"

I'm sure you never heard a guy say things to a ref who totally blew a call? You'd be lying to deny it.

Also, you completely ignore the ref's part in this and the chicken wing? So don't just conveniently glance over that...he was pissed off. And rightfully so. 

"And well he should".....also applies to the ref who should see that kind of crap and not fall for it.

• Vintage 1

Just now, stawns said:

Of the many things I've been during my time in hockey, ref was the least of them.

Miller knew what he was doing, knew he was probably going to get nailed for that......and well he should.  

I'm not sure why people normalize abusing officials......or anyone for that matter

Miller didn’t impede him…he barely felt the stick and chicken winged hard. JT even let go of his stick.

The ref got duped, and your ref boner is pulling blood away from your brain.

No one is abusing officials, they’re venting frustration at their obvious mistakes.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, PistolPete13 said:

But, but….. hooking.

It was hooking, that gets called Everytime 

Every coach on the planet tells players not to put a ref into a position to make a call by putting your stick into a players midsection.

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Oh my God, you will never see fault in the refs. 

That's never called. 

Of course not. He's a know it all, Peewee ref who's always playing devil's advocate. 

How could he possibly be wrong? 😆

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Huggy Bear said:

Miller didn’t impede him…he barely felt the stick and chicken winged hard. JT even let go of his stick.

The ref got duped, and your ref boner is pulling blood away from your brain.

No one is abusing officials, they’re venting frustration at their obvious mistakes.

Doesn't matter, that's been called for almost two decades now.  Everytime

And that is the definition of unsportsmanlike conduct.  I'm not saying Miller shouldn't be frustrated, but be objective and own the fact that he did it........applaud it if you like, but he committed the infraction 

Edited by stawns
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Honestly, Hanson's been one of the worst refs I've ever seen. He's pathetic.

Save it.

So they have hissy fits...still should call things fairly. Not based on their hurt feelings.

Deb be spittin Venom with those facts!

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

It was hooking, that gets called Everytime 

Every coach on the planet tells players not to put a ref into a position to make a call by putting your stick into a players midsection.

You and your "every time". That's twice now.

You talk like your word is the final word. It's not.

It was a bullshit call to begin with and then he rubbed salt in the wound because he felt stupid. Because he's a dbag trying to make a name for himself.

• Vintage 3

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

JT was pissed at Forsberg, right as it happened he dropped his stick and gave Forsberg a shot in the back for doing that, then the ref called it & he lost his mind.

Again don't blame him. Sneaky play by Forsberg to embarrass the ref. 

At the very least Forsberg should have gotten 2 for unsportsmanship.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

JT was pissed at Forsberg, right as it happened he dropped his stick and gave Forsberg a shot in the back for doing that, then the ref called it & he lost his mind.

Again don't blame him. Sneaky play by Forsberg to embarrass the ref. 

Agreed, it was a clever play by a veteran guy 

• Cheers 1