[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Oct. 31st, 7:00PM PT | Halloween 2023 Edition

Roberts

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Agreed, it was a clever play by a veteran guy 

It was smart if they scored. The refs, if they are as objective as you say, will not call another hooking against the Canucks this game now. They now have seed of doubt that the preds are penalty phishing.

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

While I wouldn't call it, we also don't know what was said. We don't know if warnings were already issued prior to.

There's no denying that officials are getting abused at despicable rate since covid. It's time to dial it back. Like it or not, people see it on TV at the pros and think they can do the same shit at the lower levels of hockey. 

It's because the refs have gotten worse and worse since Covid, and since there is no calling them out without being fined then there is no accountability.

The NHL is one of the worst reffed professional leagues out there, if not the worst.

Just now, 24K said:

It was smart if they scored. The refs, if they are as objective as you say, will not call another hooking against the Canucks this game now. They now have seed of doubt that the preds are penalty phishing.

I never said refs were objective.......quite the opposite.  I said refs definitely play favourites based on previous interactions with various players.......either positive or negative 

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

JT was pissed at Forsberg, right as it happened he dropped his stick and gave Forsberg a shot in the back for doing that, then the ref called it & he lost his mind.

Again don't blame him. Sneaky play by Forsberg to embarrass the ref. 

I think I’ve seen this one before….so now the ref will follow Forsberg around the ice and tell him he’s going to get him for embarrassing him then make  a few worse than half-ass calls on him; meanwhile MacLean backs the ref and tells everything what  Forsberg was thinking.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

Perhaps they play favourites because of how certain players treat them.  Does t that seem more likely than just a blind dislike of a player?

Hockey players (and fans) should watch the rugby world cup if they want to see professional, sportsmanlike behaviour

Does anyone even know what he said to get the extra 2?

It must have been something yet people are already crying foul. 😅

Just now, greenbean30 said:

It's because the refs have gotten worse and worse since Covid, and since there is no calling them out without being fined then there is no accountability.

The NHL is one of the worst reffed professional leagues out there, if not the worst.

That's the leagues fault, imo.  Hockey is over officiated and it's taken the heart out of the game, imo 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I never said refs were objective.......quite the opposite.  I said refs definitely play favourites based on previous interactions with various players.......either positive or negative 

Which means they make it about them.

It's about the game and the players on the ice. Egos and hurt feelings have no place in this game.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

I disagree. Reffing has gotten a lot more consistent for on-ice calls in the past 5 years. The worst it ever was was when they changed the hooking and slashing rules. Now enough time has established that the players know what they can pretty much do and not do.

It's rare you get the New York games (not rare enough though). 

There needs more accountability though, I 100% agree. There needs more accreditation when it comes to the game and more education to keep the refs on the same page because every game is different.