[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Oct. 31st, 7:00PM PT | Halloween 2023 Edition

Roberts

Just now, stawns said:

Hold them accountable how?  

Suspensions, just like how players are held accountable. Obviously it needs to be due to blatant bias, or missed calls that effect games, and keep a track record on each ref.

I know if I were to continually fuck up at my job, I get a talking to and/or suspension.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

Don't hide them from public scrutiny? Most coddled fuckin guys in pro hockey. It's asinine how they operate with impunity. 

Why should they face more public scrutiny than they do already?  I mean, they need refs and I can't imagine public humiliation is a great recruiting tool

Just now, greenbean30 said:

Suspensions, just like how players are held accountable. Obviously it needs to be due to blatant bias, or missed calls that effect games, and keep a track record on each ref.

I know if I were to continually fuck up at my job, I get a talking to and/or suspension.

Suspension?  Refs have a crazy workload with so many teams and so many games.  If you suspend a referee, where do they get a replacement from?

Just now, Blue said:

I'm a holdout on Beuvillier. He always was streaky. I'm not getting on the "what have you done for me lately" train. He has a motor. 

He skates miles, for sure, but never does much.  He was a cap dump, hopefully they get something at the deadline for him

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

He pointed at his behind....probably kiss my ass.

Do you agree with the penalty itself? Ref got played then tried to save face by acting all tough guy.

Penally was weak. Pretty common play though ... Forsberg is smart and felt Miller hook him once, second time he shifted direction and drew the call.

Miller got kind of gyped but should have kept his cool. Refs not changing his mind. He must have really said something insulting or derogatory. Got to be better.

Nice goal from Petey. 

• Like 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

Wow that's rare. Over the back netting. I wonder if that's less scary or more scary if the puck makes it over. 

Probably not going very fast with that height, but maybe unexpected for fans.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Suspension?  Refs have a crazy workload with so many teams and so many games.  If you suspend a referee, where do they get a replacement from?

Hire more refs? Other professional leagues do it, that are WAY more successful than the NHL, pretty sure the NHL could figure it out.

And guess what, it would only take a couple of times before the refs smartened up.

• Vintage 1