[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Oct. 31st, 7:00PM PT | Halloween 2023 Edition

Roberts

Just now, stawns said:

Why?  There's obviously something personal for both miller and Hanson.......it's ok for miller to have that grudge but not the ref?

I'm not sure if it's just a board full of people who haven't played before, but that's nothing new.  You know which refs have a beef with you and you curb your behavior because of it 

It's actually one of the longest standing traditions in the sport and one of the things that make it such a great game.

I didn't play at any high level and I've reffed (cops vs firefighters) beer leaguer stuff. I have family who played WHL, BCJHL and an uncle who sniffed the NHL. I've lived and breathed hockey since I could walk. I have beef with refs who's job is to be impartial and fair who hold grudges against players and call them unfairly. Call the fucking rule book it's literally your only job. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes.  6 minutes in penalties.  Dude has to sit and chill out for a bit. Deb needs to have a one on one with him…

That is the last thing JT would need! Imagine Deb giving the pep talk... She'd be out there telling him to accidentally on purpose take the ref's knees out. 

• Haha 2

Just now, -dlc- said:

"I've run out of chocolate, would you like some champagne?"

I'd trick or treat at your house.

Oh and yeah, yes - I would probably be drinking champagne if I answered the door. I would probably share the champagne. That's my delight! 

I was drunk once and answered the door when these attractive church going guys were at the door. I kept calling them Elder in front of their names. 

Just now, stawns said:

Finally a coach who will hold Miller accountable and keep him focused on hockey

I'm impressed he isn't afraid to hold a star accountable. It's easy to call out Dakota Joshua. Not as easy to do it to a top centre.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

That is the last thing JT would need! Imagine Deb giving the pep talk... She'd be out there telling him to accidentally on purpose take the ref's knees out. 

It's like you know me.

• Haha 4