[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Oct. 31st, 7:00PM PT | Halloween 2023 Edition

Roberts

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Three step procedure for Candy Corn.

1. Open Candy Corn bag.

2. Dump contents into the food waste bin.

3. Open up a pack and enjoy a Reese Peanut Butter Cup.

I've taken said advise to heart, oh wise sage....and Reese is the best ever...

• Like 1

Canucks leave home with the 2 points tonight before going to SJ to steal their candy.

Predictions:

Petey 2 G 3 points

Anthony Beauvillier gets his first of the year 

Quinn gets 2 apples and the team wins 

3-5 to close the home stand and month of October.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I know I'm in the minority. But this logo, I wouldn't mind being full time. After seeing the jerseys with Abbotsford. I'm liking these jerseys and logo more and more.

The logo looks way too small because it's not framed with anything.
They used a lighter green instead of something a bit darker which makes you look like a friggin bowl of neon snot.
The charcter himself just doesnt sit on the jersey well, and in my humble opinion would have looked infinitely better if it was just more of that Johnny Canuck head shot w/ the shoulders and stick popping out of some kind of frame. (not the V which was making rounds at the time) 
Just my 2 bits.
I hated it when it came out, and my mind isn't changing. It's terrible, bordering on embarrasing.
Luckily, you dont win or lose based on what you're wearing!

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

These were great!

Was absolutely hooked. Was a two pack a day addiction. 

Alf in Kindergarten, with his two packs of cig's and his big bag of wine gums.   We used to learn how to sell stuff in grade school, like firecrackers.   And candy.   Could see you coming a mile away.    Enjoy your big bag of candy! Stop Drinking Wine Gums GIF

Seriously though it was like jail.   You'd go to the corner store, buy some candy, bring it to school and then mark it up 50-100%.    Firecrackers - were a good way to make a huge profit.    Problem is, like anything later in life, hard not to use up some of those "Thunderbombs"  and "Lady Fingers"  or eat the candy lol.   Enjoy the game Alf that was funny.   

You should remember the licorice pipes too.   Popeyes were cool like in grade two.  After that if you weren't actually smoking you were a bit of a joke right? 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Alf in Kindergarten, with his two packs of cig's and his big bag of wine gums.   We used to learn how to sell stuff in grade school, like firecrackers.   And candy.   Could see you coming a mile away.    Enjoy your big bag of candy! Stop Drinking Wine Gums GIF

Seriously though it was like jail.   You'd go to the corner store, buy some candy, bring it to school and then mark it up 50-100%.    Firecrackers - were a good way to make a huge profit.    Problem is, like anything later in life, hard not to use up some of those "Thunderbombs"  and "Lady Fingers"  or eat the candy lol.   Enjoy the game Alf that was funny.   

You should remember the licorice pipes too.   Popeyes were cool like in grade two.  After that if you weren't actually smoking you were a bit of a joke right? 

“Candy was dandy but liquor definitely wins” 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I would love it if Demko did the pre-game warm up with this look.

Gary-Bromley-Canucks-cropped-e1555363763841.jpg

I'd rather a tribute to Dunc Wilson....RIP.

2414d2aaf8b90515b3dc60377136ccc0.jpg.7339de77c9ca24bb1635aa9eab3c2191.jpg

My fav mask of all time. Very scary too. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Dom said:

Not sure where to put this - as per Dhaliwal the Canucks are ' working the phone big time to reward the players ' 

Something big is coooooking. 

trying to find a place that'll do 6 foot party subs?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Kind of looks like a facehugger from Alien. LOL. Good Hallowe'en Theme.

I always thought it looked like it was made up of little bones...

...baby, eat that chicken slow...

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1