[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Oct. 31st, 7:00PM PT | Halloween 2023 Edition

Roberts

23 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

EP ... AND .. JT Miller think that the jerseys the fanbase also likes the most, think it looks "The Best".    Whoops!  TigerHearted that's not for you ... but come on it does look good.  And the home whites were better. 

Edit:  Also have a theory that the all-black "road" ones - would have been a little easier for shooters to score against.   

Edited by IBatch

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Petey, $13 million per for 5 years.

Sure hope not.   Let's keep it real.  100 points a couple years ago was worth 9.5 x 8.   Florida deal.  Add the inflation and the tax, around 11 x 8.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Sure hope not.   Let's keep it real.  100 points a couple years ago was worth 9.5 x 8.   Florida deal.  Add the inflation and the tax, around 11 x 8.  

If he hits 100 points again and is in the top 5 for selke voting, no way they get him for $11m

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

Did I hear correctly this morning on D&D, Dhali saying the Canucks are working the phones and if they have a chance to bring in Tanev they should do it. 

Is it possible Tanev could come back?

Unless it's straight up for garland, no thanks 

• Haha 1

Did I hear correctly this morning on D&D, Dhali saying the Canucks are working the phones and if they have a chance to bring in Tanev they should do it. 

Give it 2 weeks for the Falmes to implode before entertaining that idea. 

I think it's possible but depends on the price. I think Calgary is really close to blowing it up and everyone is for sale other than Huberdough and Kadri.

• Vintage 1

Meyers(6) + Beauv(4.15) + Juullsen(775) out (10.925)

Tanev(4.5) + Zadorov(3.75) + Sharangovich(3.1) in (11.35) 

(425k difference) so minor $ s 

the 2 main players on both sides are all UFA after this season. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, IBatch said:

So far Miller has been the better player.   And know how many folks have complained about his current deal.   Get age is a concern.   Let's see how it goes shall we?   So far he's earned about 10.7-11 in my books.  That's with inflation and taxes considered, and puts him in the uppprt echelon of who's getting paid for what they've done to date.   He's also over a PPG on his career too.   Guess it will come down to this season.   How he does, as well as how well the team goes.  Sure hope he's not going to be greedy,  Miller sure wasn't. 

No way miller is the better player, sorry.

• Haha 2

Just now, grumpyone said:

Meyers(6) + Beauv(4.15) + Juullsen(775) out (10.925)

Tanev(4.5) + Zadorov(3.75) + Sharangovich(3.1) in (11.35) 

(425k difference) so minor $ s 

the 2 main players on both sides are all UFA after this season. 

And Garland + for Tom Wilson. 🙂

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, IBatch said:

So far Miller has been the better player.   And know how many folks have complained about his current deal.   Get age is a concern.   Let's see how it goes shall we?   So far he's earned about 10.7-11 in my books.  That's with inflation and taxes considered, and puts him in the uppprt echelon of who's getting paid for what they've done to date.   He's also over a PPG on his career too.   Guess it will come down to this season.   How he does, as well as how well the team goes.  Sure hope he's not going to be greedy,  Miller sure wasn't. 

If he plays like he is now for 3 more years at least then that 8 mil per year contract is going to be worth every penny.  I rather pay Miller 8 million for 7 years than Bo for 8.5mil per year/ for 8 years.  We haven't seen many errors by Miller so far this year and he's been furiously backchecking/coming back to the defensive zone.  He's good in the faceoff circle, throws hits/physical.. he does pretty much everything.

• ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, Wing said:

I think it's possible but depends on the price. I think Calgary is really close to blowing it up and everyone is for sale other than Huberdough and Kadri.

What other choice is there? They should blow it up! 😆

2 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Odd how we are 93% to make the playoffs, but the Knights are only 90%

I believe one of the factors here is points percentage within conference. Canucks have given up zero points to Western conference teams, while Vegas has given up 4 points between 2 shootout wins and a loss to Dallas, LA, and Chicago.

3 minutes ago, tas said:

if calgary is blowing it up, why would they trade their assets for useless ufas instead of futures?

the only asset being traded that wouldn't be a FA at the end of the year is Sharangovich, but they get Juulsen who is young with potential. 

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

Dhali is equal parts BS with equal parts inside info. I'm going with BS.

I was working in the rink, late one night
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight
For our Dman from his slab, began to rise
And suddenly to my surprise ...

He did the Hronek ...

He did the Happy Hronek

The Happy Hronek ...

It was a blueline smash
He did the Hronek ...

Some still waiting and seeing
He did the Hronek ...

He did the Happy Hronek 

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

the only asset being traded that wouldn't be a FA at the end of the year is Sharangovich, but they get Juulsen who is young with potential. 

if calgary is blowing it up and moving assets, they want picks and prospects, not the expiring scraps of division rivals. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1